PDA

View Full Version : 96 chevy problems

varnerinc
December 13th, 2009, 02:23 PM
hey guys i need some serious help here.

I have a 96 chevy 1500 5.7 4l60e and last winter i tore it all apart, basically starting with my dash and wire harness, i saudered some wires back together and fixed up some loose wiring from the previous owner.

then i replaced my HVAC system and some simple stereo upgrades,i put everything back together with new bundling tape included. I then moved to the engine, i replaced my whole fuel system, took the heads down to the machine shop, new pushrods, new oil pump all new gaskets, new headers. the list goes on :doh2: anywayse its been going on for to long its been 8 months and i need to get my daily driver back on the road again, anyways when i first put everything back together i switched up a 10 guage yellow wire with a 10 guage red wire in my steering column connector, that goes from my steering column to my dash harness, it has a red 7 mil. screw to hold it together. i found out later my mistake and corrected it, i still couldn't get no fire so i replaced my coil, and wires, and plugs, so then after no fire still i replaced my crankshaft position sensor, then bammm it started, idled rough but started, then it shut off when i went to give it gas. Typical timing i thought. Well after much research i learned timing is something that it will relearn on its own. So i replaced everything else, ignition control module, plugs again, MSD wires (the make it yourself fit to lenght kit) and to top it off an accell billet distributor, still NO luck, i can get spark with a spark pen tester at my distributor, but nothing at my plugs, i take the plug out and put it against my head and i get no spark at all, do you guys think i fried my black box? any suggestions before i bring it to the shop tommorow?!?!?!??! pleaseeeeeeee i feel like this right now :rockon::rockon::rockon::: --my life