PDA

View Full Version : FOR BEGINERS ....PAY ATTENTION WHEN TUNING THE AFR,LAMBDA etc

ar99kid
December 14th, 2009, 08:12 AM
i am learning to work with EFIlive...so i make mistakes...:doh2:
but one of this mistakes could cost your engine . let's say my luck was that i have a BIG RED AFR GAUGE on the dash :grin: and i could saw the AFR going extreme lean when step on the gas...
the story: i was working on the autoVE.tun at calibration b3605 for safety i should increase the petrol amount in the last 4 columns (85,90,95,100). but because my table was in lambda and not afr (i'm not used with lambda) ...i was increasing the value with 20% all those columns ! BIG MISTAKE !!! THAT WAS BASICALLY INCREASING THE VALUES WITH 20% WHICH IN RESULT IS DECREASING THE PETROL AMOUNT WITH 20% !!!...

so for everybody which are tuning with afr,lambda tables please double check the result when modiffing something ...when increasing values means decreasing amount of petrol....:doh2:

BIG STUPID UNFORGETABLE GREAT REGRETABLE :blahblah:POSSIBLE MISTAKE

Tordne
December 14th, 2009, 09:35 AM
This is a very important thing for people to recognize!

EQ Units and Lambda are effectively opposed. For example assuming stoich of 14.63:1 AFR an EQ of 1.10 is 13.3:1, were as the same AFR in Lambda is 0.90.