PDA

View Full Version : 6 speed NOT GOING IN FIRST after transgo!!!

Dmaxink
December 14th, 2009, 10:40 AM
:help2:

So we put the transgo jr. in the 6 speed and it did great for the first little bit...went thruough the whole learn process...still did great.

nightmare came when i got into town with my load and the truck never came out of 4th...never downshifted...so i was like dangg..then i get to the redlight try and take off and it was stuck in 4th. it threw code "requesting MIL from transmission" and "solenoid valve c stuck open"...so i killed the truck cleared the codes and fired it up for it to happily go in gear like it was supposed to...i take off and it just like feels like it slips out of gear and goes into like 4th or something...

the truck goes into reverse great but it sounds like its almost hitting hard and wont go into 1st at all now. ive put it on a trailor and hauled it into the shop to where we pull the valve body out again..cleaned her up and it had like a little shaving :dammit1: in the valve...sooo i cleaned it all up and put it all back together...

does the same thing..

guys this severly sucks,,does it like like i smoked this thing by trying to save a lil cash with the jr kit??

scIV.....please dont make me spend that money yet:doh2:

thanks- Kory

Cougar281
December 14th, 2009, 11:06 AM
You'd be better off asking here (http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18). :)

Dmaxink
December 16th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Fixed! Too much beer I guess, just hooked solenoid up wrong..lol

Cougar281
December 17th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Fixed! Too much beer I guess, just hooked solenoid up wrong..lol

Good deal. :cheers:

96j
January 21st, 2010, 06:05 PM
Is the transgo jr the way to go? Hows it shift with the kit? I have a 07 with 15000 miles and just put a hot tune in the truck and don't want to kill the tranny. Will transgo jr help to keep the tranny alive. thanks

duramaximizer
February 1st, 2010, 03:08 PM
Yes it will help save the trans....I would like to know how it shifts.

96j
February 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM
Just got the kit in the other day, did the learning. Was very surpized with the shifts. It dosen't shift like most other shift kit i put in older gm trannys, it shifts awsome and not that hard shifts. And really helped 1st to 2nd shifts a WOT. Before the transgo jr the tranny wouldn't shift unless i took my foot out of it.