PDA

View Full Version : 4.5 dmax ecm pics

DURAtotheMAX
December 17th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Ross it seems that 4.5 Burban reappeared at a very recent RV show...found some better pics.

http://www.dieselsuburbans.com/2010SubDiesel4.jpg

http://www.dieselsuburbans.com/2010SubDiesel3.jpg

Whats it look like in your opinion?? Doesnt really look Bosch IMO. :)

ben

GMPX
December 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Looks nothing like Bosch, nothing like the EDC17 even (which looks like the EDC16 from what I've seen on the internet).
What it actually looks like is the new E39 DI gas ECM from Delphi (see pics). Question is, does it even run? is it a mock up??
Don't suppose you noticed if it had Bosch or Delphi style plugs?

Cheers,
Ross

DURAtotheMAX
December 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I did not actually see it, those were just some really recent pics I found where you could see the ECM.

I know a couple people who have test engines from GM, so they most definitely run. :)

In the detailed high res 4.5 pics on the GM Media website, the injectors look like they are Delphi as well. Unfortunately the wiring harness isnt present on the detailed GM pics. :rolleyes:

Im still holding out for the LML as well, and maintain my "wild guess theory" that they went back to Delphi as well for that......

Ross have you worked with the E39's at all? Just because a particular ECM is used in a gas application, does that mean it could also easily be used in a Diesel application with different software?? Or maybe its "modified" internally to work with a diesel? For example the LLY ECM looks identical to an E40, LB7 looks like an LS1, etc....

ben

DURAtotheMAX
December 17th, 2009, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J4wFwIXC7U

working prototype, watch it in HQ and you can see a good view at 0:50.

I might have posted this video a while ago? I forget.

DURAtotheMAX
December 17th, 2009, 04:27 PM

Cougar281
December 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Doesn't really look like the E39... If you look in the pics Ben posted, the heatsink fins are flat across (up and down as it's oriented). On the E39, they rise to a point.... Very similar, though.

GMPX
December 18th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Ross have you worked with the E39's at all? Just because a particular ECM is used in a gas application, does that mean it could also easily be used in a Diesel application with different software??Yes I have spent some time working on the E39. It has the high voltage drivers in it for the direct injection, maybe Delpi could use that for directly driving Diesel injectors too, I don't know. But it's only code, I am sure they could write Diesel specific programs for that ECM, though it's unlikely, it would be a different ECM for sure.

Doesn't really look like the E39... If you look in the pics Ben posted, the heatsink fins are flat across (up and down as it's oriented). On the E39, they rise to a point.... Very similar, though.True, to me it looked more like the E39 box than the EDC17 which is what I assumed it would be using.

Cheers,
Ross

kangsta
December 18th, 2009, 11:19 AM
hey ross, whats the back of your e39 look like?

ScarabEpic22
December 18th, 2009, 03:10 PM
nevermind, read the answer to my question in another thread. feel free to delete this.

GMPX
December 19th, 2009, 10:19 AM
hey ross, whats the back of your e39 look like?Nothing special, no artistic murals, just a sticker that says Delphi.

kangsta
December 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM
lol now where's the fun in that ;)