PDA

View Full Version : can anyone convert ant hpt file into efi?help,help

z28ls1818
December 17th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Im trying to copy my tune from my car into efi live. but i cant cause the tables are different. Whos has the ability to convert an hpt to efi? how much would it cost?

file below. this is for an 02 os a4

joecar
December 17th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Hi z28LS1818,

If the following are all true:
- that tune is already in your PCM,
- that tune is not an HPT custom OS,
- you have FlashScan V1 or V2,

then you can directly read that tune from your PCM using EFILive.

z28ls1818
December 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM
forgot to clarify. this tune is not in my pcm. i am using the rr pcm and my interface is not licensed to ready any pcm via the tuner, its only for scanning purposes. i only have a license for the rr pcm via the usb port. this tune is not. anyone hlep lol

joecar
December 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I'm told it is encrypted and can't be cracked...

Do you know anyone with HPT...?

They can flash it into your PCM (you would owe them some credits), and then you can read it via the RR interface.

z28ls1818
December 17th, 2009, 04:34 PM
it shouldnt be encrypted. what is exactly encrypted?

my friend has hptuner with unlimited vins, he tried to write my pcm but it wouldnt let him. we just assumed it was because of the rr pcm. any ideas.

z28ls1818
December 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM
You can read any supported PCM,
as long as it is not loaded with pptuners COS.

when i try to read via the obd2 it says interface not registered,invalid!

mr.prick
December 17th, 2009, 04:56 PM
You can't read an RR thru OBDII or with pptuners.
If you can put the stock PCM back into the car then do that then read it,
or use a bench harness.

z28ls1818
December 17th, 2009, 05:00 PM
i cant read any pcms vis the tuner it wont let me. it says invalid interface. my cable is scan only. which IMO its bull that i cant read via the tuner.

mr.prick
December 17th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Scan only can read, did you try reading a stock PCM?

z28ls1818
December 17th, 2009, 05:10 PM
yes. tried reading one off a silverado cause we were going to flash the hp tune on there then read it with my efi cable, but it says interface invalid not licensed or something like that.

Tordne
December 17th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

You should be able to read the tune out of the PCM using FlashScan (assuming like Joe said it is not locked or a custom OS). Then you should be able to flash it into the RoadRunner PCM and continue tuning.

Blacky
December 17th, 2009, 07:43 PM
You need to enter the license information from the registration details ont he blue card that shipped with your FlashScan. That will fix the unregistered cable message. If you no longer have the blue card, send me (paul@efilive.com) your FlashScan registration and auth code as per these instructions and I'll resend you your registration info.
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=121

You can't read or write to the RR PCM using the standard EFILive read/write tool bar icons. You need to open up the RR control panel and use the read/write tool bar icons in that window.

Have you purchased an RR license for your FlashScan device for the RR PCM? If you are not sure, once you send me the details above I can verify that for you.

Regards
Paul

joecar
December 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM
it shouldnt be encrypted. what is exactly encrypted?
...The file 2002-OS.hpt you attached in post #1 is encrypted by HPT... it can only be opened by the HPT software.

mr.prick
December 17th, 2009, 08:28 PM
You need to enter the license information from the registration details ont he blue card that shipped with your FlashScan. That will fix the unregistered cable message. If you no longer have the blue card, send me (paul@efilive.com) your FlashScan registration and auth code as per these instructions and I'll resend you your registration info.
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=121

You can't read or write to the RR PCM using the standard EFILive read/write tool bar icons. You need to open up the RR control panel and use the read/write tool bar icons in that window.

Have you purchased an RR license for your FlashScan device for the RR PCM? If you are not sure, once you send me the details above I can verify that for you.

Regards
Paul

He's trying to read a stock PCM with scan only.

Blacky
December 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM
He's trying to read a stock PCM with scan only.

You can do that if you have recent pre-release version of the software.
Assuming it is not locked and is not a custom HPT OS.

Regards
Paul

z28ls1818
December 18th, 2009, 03:14 AM

Regards
Paul

My RR works perfectly. All registration info is in the scan tool and the tuner software. This is why I don't know why it says invalid interface(unregistered).

I know I cant read the RR now, but i tried reading a 99+stock with an hpt tune on there, that isnt a cos and it brought up that message. The interface seems to be working as when I click on the read pcm os and calibrations tabe, i try to read and it sayd the interface unregistered detected in red

Blacky
December 18th, 2009, 08:15 AM
It will show "Unregistered Interface" if you have a Scan Only FlashScan device. However, with the latest software you can still read and save any supported controller with a Scan Only device.

The latest software is available here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12587

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 18th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I know I cant read the RR now

Why not?

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
December 18th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Why not?

Regards
Paul

Thru OBDII port.

The scan.exe is not connected to the PCM when you try to read, right?

z28ls1818
December 19th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Thru OBDII port.

The scan.exe is not connected to the PCM when you try to read, right?

no it is not. i asked the previous owner and he said that it cant read the pcm via the obd2, i dont know why. i tried reading it and it says pcm lock bla h blah blah. he says he never locked it. it attempts to unlock and it succeeds but then it says pcm rearmed itself lol:wtf1:

z28ls1818
December 19th, 2009, 06:47 AM
i found another problem with my obd2 cable lol omg. for some reason it wont read sometimes on teh scan tool. so i wiggle the the cable at the port then it works. i think the teeth in the cable are bad. cause if my friend puts his pptuner cable it will work with no issues. im going to try and clean the teeth on the cable and see what happens

mr.prick
December 19th, 2009, 07:08 AM
no it is not. i asked the previous owner and he said that it cant read the pcm via the obd2, i dont know why. i tried reading it and it says pcm lock bla h blah blah. he says he never locked it. it attempts to unlock and it succeeds but then it says pcm rearmed itself lol:wtf1:

RR or stock PCM?
You can't read an RR thru OBDII.

z28ls1818
December 19th, 2009, 07:21 AM
RR, I know i cant, but blacky led me to believe that it i can. lol

Blacky
December 19th, 2009, 08:10 AM
RR, I know i cant, but blacky led me to believe that it i can. lol

Sorry, my mistake if I mislead you. You can't read the RR PCM via the OBDII port.
The EFILive software deliberately prevents it because the RR PCM has its checksums turned off to allow the data in the flash to be changed in real time. If you were to read the RR PCM via the OBDII port and some of the data was accidentally corrupted during the read, it would go unnoticed because the checksum is not active.
When EFILive reads the PCM via the RR port it reactivates the checksum.

Regards
Paul