PDA

View Full Version : dsp5 question

dirtymaxx03
December 18th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Hey guys, i came over from duramaxforum to try and get some clarity.

I currently have a friend with an LB7 who has efi. we are both wanting to get a Dsp5 and run the same tunes. From what i hear, all we need to do is buy the switch and the efi tutorial will walk us through the setup. Is this true? i also heard from some people that our OS has to match and i have heard that it doesnt have too. Can yall help me out.....Thanks. :doh2:

Brian1
December 18th, 2009, 02:17 PM
If both have LB7 then when you flash the DSP5 it will be a full flash process so it can write any OS version. Now if you what you can build one DSP5 tune from one OS and then compare the difference from a stock DSP5 base and apply to the other OS.
First make your base tune the way you want.
Then turn it into a DSP5 tune. Save and reload the DSP5 tune.
Apply the the changes to the DSP1-4 tables.
Run a compare on the DSP5 tune you have before adding the additional DSP1-4 table to the new DSP5 tune with new tables.
Save the differences and build a scrip from that.
When you look at the script it should only alter DSP1-4 tables.
Now get the other OS version base tune and convert to DSP5 and apply the script to it. Be sure to keep stock OSes backed up before applying DSP too. Plus as you go along.

But one has LB7 and the other LLY then that won't work.

Brian

dirtymaxx03
December 18th, 2009, 09:32 PM
so i convert the base tune to a dsp then after that do i convert my other tunes in the order i want them in the dsp 1-4? when you say apply the tables to the dsp 1-4 what do you mean? you have to speak in the plainest simplest terms as i am a total efi newb haha. but the info you gave me really cleared up the OS problem. but what i dont get is how you get all your tunes into the dsp.....thanks

dirtymaxx03
December 19th, 2009, 06:52 AM
do i want the base tune to be the big tune or the stock tune? Also, how do i go about puttung the 4 other tunes in the dsp5 tune?

Brian1
December 19th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Most use the base tune as the highest and some use the stock tune as the base. Reasoning on the stock is if the switch were to go bad or a wire breaks then it defaults to the base tune.

For the DSP 1-4 you cannot use your whole tune. You copy in the tables that match the table number from a normal tune. Once you open say DSP1 you see a few dozen tables. Those are the ones you replace out of the other tunes. So you do not have 5 totally complete tunes. You have a base tune with everything and then the other positions alter only the few different tables.

Brian

dirtymaxx03
December 19th, 2009, 08:10 PM
ok, so i got all that taken care of. what do you set the voltages at? i think i have it right but i just want to make sure. the tutorial kinda confused me about setting the voltages. after all that is said and done, what else is left to do besides install the switch and flash the tune in?? Any tips for the install? Thanks.

ScarabEpic22
December 20th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Once you have converted your stock file to DSPx, run the appropriate script to populate the tables with sane data (and it sets the voltages for your too). (Edit->Run Script, then select the proper one [probably in your case LB7 DSP5 Imperial] and run it)

dirtymaxx03
December 20th, 2009, 09:28 AM
so it will set the voltages automatically?

ScarabEpic22
December 20th, 2009, 12:00 PM
so it will set the voltages automatically?

Yes and populate all the newly created DSP tables with sane values so you dont get 184151964151 out of range errors.

Read the scripts tutorial, really helps!:rockon:

Brian1
December 21st, 2009, 05:23 AM
If you buy the switch ready to go it should be setup for the voltages. If you make your own then you may need to alter if you do not use the exact resister values to trigger each DSP position.

Brian