PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

JAHII
December 20th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I'm a newbie on here researching tuning/monitor tools. One thing I was wondering is are you required to buy a Flashscan to perform these tasks or do they have just a OBDII/USB Cable that lets you hookup your PC to your ECM and use software DL'd off here (or purchased off the EFILive website) to tune/scan your engine? Any help would be appreciated since I am a LITERAL babe in the woods on this computer tuning stuff.

ScarabEpic22
December 20th, 2009, 06:37 PM
It must be a FlashScan cable to use EFILive V7 and V8 (what you use to tune OBDII vehicles). No other interfaces will interact with the EFILive software.

For older OBDI vehicles, there is a list of supported hardware to use with EFILive V4.

joecar
December 20th, 2009, 08:59 PM
JAHII,

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

What vehicle(s) do you have.

The software is free.

You have to buy the EFILive cable/hardware.

The hardware provides various the USB-VPW/CAN interface/translation and other features that a generic OBD-II cable cannot provide.

Also note, tuning requires much reading/learning/patience... unless you're prepared with knowledge ahead of time, tuning can turn out disasterous... those who prepare themselves are rewarded with good results (power/response/driveability)... some people thrive with those challenges while for other people it may not be their cup of tea.

Goto www.efilive.com/downloads (http://www.efilive.com/downloads) to download/install the actual software (it comes with sample logs and tunes from real vehicles, you can view/edit these to play with).

JAHII
December 21st, 2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the info, guys. I own a 2008 Corvette C-6 w/LS3. Appreciate the help.