PDA

View Full Version : diesel exhaust fluid

tokymon
December 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
Any one heard of this?
as of 2010 dodge,chev,ford must use to meet epa reg.

lol next on the delete list like the dpf:cucumber:

analreject
January 3rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Urea injection. Basically ammoina from what I understand. Cuts down on NOx emmissions

bballer182
January 4th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Any one heard of this?
as of 2010 dodge,chev,ford must use to meet epa reg.

lol next on the delete list like the dpf:cucumber:

I was under the impression that the 6.7 cummins had already met the 2010 epa emissions standards without the use of the urea injection...

Supercharged111
January 6th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Urea injection. Basically ammoina from what I understand. Cuts down on NOx emmissions

I thought it was piss, but ammonia works too I guess. Aren't they already using this in Europe?

I was under the impression that the 6.7 cummins had already met the 2010 epa emissions standards without the use of the urea injection...

That's the word, but that doesn't mean Dodge won't have to resort to it in another few years. It seems like a bandaid fix until the manufacturers can find a better way to catch up with the emissions requirements.

bballer182
January 6th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I really don't see what the problem is. I think that the urea injection is a really good idea. It's not like its a performance inhibitor like the DPF or the CAT. It's just and injection into the exhaust and if it reduces bad emissions then GREAT!

tokymon
January 6th, 2010, 03:33 PM
ya it all sounds good but from what i have read it will go into limp mode if you run out. and it will be another fluid that can frezze not so good when it's been -30*c here for a week:doh2:

bballer182
January 6th, 2010, 07:11 PM
ya it all sounds good but from what i have read it will go into limp mode if you run out. and it will be another fluid that can frezze not so good when it's been -30*c here for a week:doh2:

What is the freezing point on the urea fluid anyways?

kbracing96
January 7th, 2010, 07:13 AM
What is the freezing point on the urea fluid anyways?

I didn't find the freezing point, but I did find that it is uses as de-icer for air planes, so I don't think you have to worry about it freezing.

roy
January 7th, 2010, 08:01 AM
No problems in Europe

tokymon
January 9th, 2010, 08:44 AM
are supplyer at work says -4*c:doh2:

DURAtotheMAX
January 17th, 2010, 12:09 PM
um you guys REALLY think GM didnt consider that people would be using these trucks in extremely cold temperatures and design the urea system around that???? :rolleyes:

ssvolvo
May 19th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Has anyone seen a tune from one of these 2011 pissy exhaust beasts yet?
Just curious as the new trucks should be hitting the lots now.

John

GMPX
May 19th, 2010, 10:24 AM
They are using a new ECM, nothing we've seen before so no idea what sort of tune is in them.

Cougar281
May 19th, 2010, 04:11 PM

Supposedly....