PDA

View Full Version : Logging with v2

x MadMAX DIESEL
December 22nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
Okay is it possible to data log with only the v2, and not the laptop with v7.5? So far I could only figure it out using the v8.1 build (58 I believe) which is fine but with the 8.1 I cant find any pre-made pid lists ( duramax lbz imperial is what I want). I have to make my own list and cant seem to find all the pids... i.e. Main1Q_dma for example.

I made my own pid list with the 8.1 in the mean time but they all display metric.

mr.prick
December 22nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Build 58 is pretty old,
if it doesn't use the scan&tune software to configure the options.txt
IIRC
You need to look up the PID's in the pid_descriptions.txt and copy it to the options.txt
The options.txt must be formatted with the same name of the PID that is in the pid_discriptions.txt

x MadMAX DIESEL
December 22nd, 2009, 09:44 AM
Where can I download the newest BBL version?

Tordne
December 22nd, 2009, 10:43 AM
Latest pre-release version is here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12587

joecar
December 22nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Madmax,

What are the bootblock/firmware versions of your FlashScan V2...?

Brian1
December 22nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
The build 58 has a bug that did not allow setting the PIDs to a different scale like Metric to Imperial. Now once you get all the PIDs selected and change to the scale you wish to see and this is with the newer version as mentioned above you upload to the Flashscan. Now once you plug it into the truck you have to select the controller which is the list name you used in the F1 section. Now goto view the logging and it will show in metric. Press the enter key and then the change to the other scale you selected in the ScanAndTune software.

Brian

x MadMAX DIESEL
December 22nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Madmax,

What are the bootblock/firmware versions of your FlashScan V2...?

I'm not sure how to figure that out?

Tordne
December 22nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
Connect the device to your PC and then open up EFILive Explorer. Down in the system tray you will see an ion that looks like your V2. If you click on that icon it will open up the EFILive Control Panel. Then change to the F6: Firmware tab and it will show all the details.

x MadMAX DIESEL
December 22nd, 2009, 03:33 PM
I downloaded the newest build, and looks like I'm set... Have all the PIDS I need already in a premade list.
Thanks Guys

x MadMAX DIESEL
December 22nd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Andrew, I will try that.. But heres the thing. We use my brothers computer for EFI LIVE, because this one is pretty slow. If I plug the V2 into this computer will I have to do anything special like idk if my v2 is locked to my brothers computer or anything. Basically can I plug it into this computer without any troubles?
Do you have a link to where I can download the explorer? I don't have that loaded to this computer.
Thanks

Tordne
December 22nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
You can also view that detail on the FlashScan V2 by pressing the F4->F3->F1 keys and then scroll down a bit.

But you can also install the software on multiple systems without issue. If you install 7.5.x you just need to enter the details from your blue registration card to suppress the Demo Mode messages.

Brad-06-Dmax
January 14th, 2010, 03:59 AM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't have the Explorer program. I am having problems in another thread and am searching for EFILive Explorer now! Hopefully I'll find what their talking about soon as I'm starting to get angry! I need this to fix my problem and I don't have all day to sit at the computer!
Do you have a link to where I can download the explorer? I don't have that loaded to this computer.
Thanks

ScarabEpic22
January 14th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't have the Explorer program. I am having problems in another thread and am searching for EFILive Explorer now! Hopefully I'll find what their talking about soon as I'm starting to get angry! I need this to fix my problem and I don't have all day to sit at the computer!

Have to download V8.1.2 to get everything related to your FlashScan V2, including EFILive Explorer.:grin:

joecar
January 14th, 2010, 07:00 AM
+1 what Erik said... V8.1.x software includes EE and S&T.

Download/install both V7.5.6.102 and V8.1.2.82 from here: showthread.php?t=12760 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12760)