PDA

View Full Version : tcm not secured? HELP

landers11889
December 26th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I tried to full reflash load a stock tune into my TCM today and it won't let me I licensed the TCM and everything but not everytime it tries twice to connect with the tcm it says then it says TCM not secured!. I can't figure it out I would assume you need to have the key on flash scan plugged into OBDII and computer that is what I did. Any help woiuld be greatly appreciated.

joecar
December 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I pm'd Tech Support... it may be a few days because of the Holidays.

Tordne
December 26th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Please confirm the usual suspects:
- Software version is at least 7.5.5 Build 88; if not please upgrade.
- If you have FlashScan V2 the firmware is at least version 2.06.12; if not please upgrade.

If you need to upgrade any component please retry and send screenshot through to support@efilive.com so we can see the actual message.

There is also a later pre-release version of both the V7 and V8 software and firmware that might be wort testing. They can be found here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12587 Before installing this update please read the notes.

landers11889
December 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I am updating all my software even tho it was only a month or so old. I just dont get why even with EVERYTHING near up to date that it would do this. It must be something that I am doing wrong that I don't know because obviously people before have been able to program their TCMs. Can someone maybe walk be through how to do it?

steps
1. plug in flashscan to truck and computer
2. turn key to on position dont start
3. open efi live and tune file
4. check status/choose thing that is being tuned (just for good measure)
5. full reflash.
6??? did i miss anything?

Tordne
December 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM
The steps you have seem pretty much bang on. The need to check software versions is just to ensure that we are not trying to identify and resolve an issue which is already resolved in a later release.

Please send the screenshot of any error you are getting to support@efilive.com and/or post in this thread.

bballer182
December 27th, 2009, 05:21 AM
5 speed or 6 speed? 6 speeds can't be full flashed... yet....

landers11889
December 27th, 2009, 01:05 PM
5 speed i got it to work the flashscans are so picky

Tordne
December 27th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Can you advise what "picky" means? Is it a particular process, in which case you can describe the discrete steps you took to get it working (for the benefit of others)? Or, perhaps it is something we can look into further?

landers11889
December 27th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Wow you guys really care about this stuff If only everyone else had that mentality about their products. Well it could have just been my computer but I don't think thr flashscan was being read on my computer. I plugged it into my truc first then my computer but the time I got it to work I did the opposite computer than truck

Tordne
December 28th, 2009, 03:27 PM
It "shouldn't" matter which is plugged in first really as it is just going to initially provide power.

The exception to this is if the device is a FlashScan V2 with old firmware. In this instance it may try and determine the protocol (VPW or CAN) and get it wrong. If it is a V1 then this does not apply as it only does VPW comms.

Brian1
December 29th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I run into this once with mine at one point to plug into the computer first before the OBDII port. If I plugged into the ODBII first and then the computer I could not do a full flash. So since then I always plug into the computer then the OBDII port and no problems ever.

Brian

Tordne
December 29th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Full flash is only enabled when FlashScan is connected to the PC before opening the Tune Tool application. So strictly speaking not related to which end of the chain is providing the power.