PDA

View Full Version : COS3 fueling issue under boost

joeygc5
December 27th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I'm at my widts end right now. If I enable PE using semi-CL SD mode and go into pe I instantly go to 10 flat air/fuel no matter if my b3618 is set to 11.0 or to 14.0. also changing the enable map from 90 to 160.kpa If I disable PE then its 14.7 into boost, almost like the computer is ignoring the settings in b3647 and b3649. I just don't understand what I'm missing and why I'm not seeing what should be my commanded air/fuel settings (b3647). Hell I can put the truck into OLSD mode and it commands the fuel I want, but I would like the added bonus of the semi-closed loop. Any suggestions as I tried VE, PE, and almost any other fueling table adjustment with no success?!.

joecar
December 27th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Some comments:

- Fix the out-of-range cells in A0001, A0002, A0011, A0012;

- see attached... looks like your Boost VE and Main VE tables are incorrect, this is why measured AFR differs from commanded AFR;

- the 105 kPa columns of Boost VE and Main VE tables should be identical;

- I see LTFT disabled (B3801), and STFT enabled (B4205 temp. enabled);

- I see MAF is disabled by presence of P0102 (did you remove the wire...?);

- when logging, remove some pids, get the pid channel count to 24 or less (i.e. no more than 4 packets)... this will get your frame rate to 10 frame/s instead of 5 frame/s... you will have better accuracy at 10 frame/s;

Are you trying to do AutoVE, or have you done AutoVE...?

joeygc5
December 28th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Thank you for the suggestions.Not trying to autoVE. As I was running in OLSD before and now trying to work with Semi CL SD. I have the MAF removed hince the p0102 and have always done it that way. I've changed the VE tables to correspond as well. With the out of range values though... I had them setup as I thought they should be. My timing tables are all matched and I'm not using the valet mode/2 step function.

Thnak you on the suggestions!

joecar
December 28th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Ok, OLSD...

Then do this:
- fix the out of range cells;
- disable B4205 (set to 284°F);
- do Auto VE on Main VE table;
- copy 105 kPa column from Main VE table to 105 kPa column in Boost VE table;
- do Auto VE on Boost VE table.

Keep pid channel count no bigger than 24.

Let us know how you go.

joeygc5
December 28th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Working on rebuilding the VE tables now and running the truck in SD OL mode.

I've re-read the tutorial and see my mistake now. Thanks for the assistance!