PDA

View Full Version : V2 buttons double clicking?

kbracing96
December 27th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I haven't been playing with my v2 much lately, so I decided i wanted to start messing with it. A while back I DL'ed all the latest software and firmware and got everything up to date with the V2 and Scan and Tune. So the problem is every time I push a button on the V2, it seems to double click, taking me right past where I needed to go. Seems like I read about this before, but can't find it now. I do have Boot Bock Version 2.06.6 and Firmware 2.06.12. Am I missing something, or is there a problem with my V2? It works fine in pass-though scanning and flashing and if I can get to the right screen, it will BBL.

joecar
December 28th, 2009, 05:35 AM
I pm'd Tech Support.

joecar
December 28th, 2009, 06:24 AM
KB,

See of you can change the key press delay/repeat values to something like 400 ms
(go into the V2 setup options using the Scan&Tune software "Device Settings").

kbracing96
December 28th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I just tried that Joe and it didn't fix it. I verified it is double click as when I get to a screen where you can use arrow keys to move up and down a list, it always jumps 2 rows with 1 push of the button up or down.

kbracing96
December 28th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Ok, I talked to Ira and he suggested I reformat the V2 with V8 scan&tune and it worked! :D Thanks guys, all is well now :)

joecar
December 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Ok, cool...:cheers:

juscruzn
December 29th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Impressive...

Joe, Ira, Paul, Cindy and others are always there. If they don't have the answer, they seem to find it sooner or later. I'm still getting to know EFI Live and FS before I actually flash my truck. It's very comforting to know there will be awesome support and great people to help WHEN I doink things up!

Thank you All, and have a Happy New Year!!