PDA

View Full Version : LS2 into 1983 Mercedes 380 SEC

skeletor88
December 29th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Hi.

I am transplanting a Gen IV (58 Reluctor) and 6L80e trans into a Mercedes SEC. The engine and trans are in, the steering has been converted to Rack and Pinion and I am ready to do the wiring and re-program the ECU.

Obviously, I am very, very new to this so my questions may seem somewhat stupid. But here goes;

(1). I need to create a stand-alone wiring harness for this install. I have 2 harnesss. One is for a manual trans and the other is for auto. However, it does not appear to have the section that goes to the 6L80E. Can I add this myself, or should I have someone do it for me?

(2). I have done heaps of automotive wiring in the past and can read schematics. However, I cannot find a set of instructions anywhere on how to make a stand-alone harness for this engine-vehicle. Can someone point me in the right direction?

(3). Can EFI-Live re-program the ecu to do away with the BCM and other items that are not needed in this conversion? If so, is there a step by step tutorial that shows what you should do?

(4). No-one has been able to fill me in on what the Mercedes ECU actually did, so I am unsure of what impact its removal may have. Does anyone know?

(5). Is there someone close to the Northern end of the Gold Coast that could drop by and provide a little advice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

5.7ute
December 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Mike.
PM doubledip on this forum. He should be able to supply either the necessary parts or a completed loom.
The security issues with the BCM are easily turned off with the software. Check the Vats section of your tune file. I have no idea on the mercedes pcm so cant help you there either.

gmh308
January 2nd, 2010, 05:36 PM
Hi.

I am transplanting a Gen IV (58 Reluctor) and 6L80e trans into a Mercedes SEC. The engine and trans are in, the steering has been converted to Rack and Pinion and I am ready to do the wiring and re-program the ECU.

Obviously, I am very, very new to this so my questions may seem somewhat stupid. But here goes;

(1). I need to create a stand-alone wiring harness for this install. I have 2 harnesss. One is for a manual trans and the other is for auto. However, it does not appear to have the section that goes to the 6L80E. Can I add this myself, or should I have someone do it for me?

(2). I have done heaps of automotive wiring in the past and can read schematics. However, I cannot find a set of instructions anywhere on how to make a stand-alone harness for this engine-vehicle. Can someone point me in the right direction?

(3). Can EFI-Live re-program the ecu to do away with the BCM and other items that are not needed in this conversion? If so, is there a step by step tutorial that shows what you should do?

(4). No-one has been able to fill me in on what the Mercedes ECU actually did, so I am unsure of what impact its removal may have. Does anyone know?

(5). Is there someone close to the Northern end of the Gold Coast that could drop by and provide a little advice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

What ECM do you have? If you post the tune from it as extracted from EFIlive then it would be possible to give some feedback on whether it will run your A6 and how BCM dependant it is. Also where are your harnesses from? Normally a harness is an auto and the right one it will have the right connectors.

Cheers :cheers:.