PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Defuel and Shift Quality

duramaximizer
December 30th, 2009, 03:36 AM
I have been told that there is a way to control this with the parameters given. :gossip:

Any insite on this with the LMMs? I think it would also be helpful to be able to monitor desired torque.Maybe it is possible, but I don't see the pid, and I didn't want to have to reverse engineer a table.

duramaximizer
January 5th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Is there anyway to read a desired torque vs delivered torque value? I am trying to find what table is causing defuel/detorque. Anyone have any sugestions, I am going to start playing with it since I have fixed some of my other problems.

BUMP

bballer182
January 5th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Use BBL there are bout 6 different TQ pids. one of which is amount of tq reduction requested.

duramaximizer
January 5th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Ya, I would love too, but it keeps saying that my one PID engtorque_m doesn't work or something. So it won't start logging. Anyone have a list of PIDs that are use full (ex:torque tables) and that will fully work. I have not been able to make BBL work yet. I do however have a 1gb memory card in it. :)

Thanks, Adam

bballer182
January 5th, 2010, 06:06 PM
well have you been fully updated to V8? and using scan&tune to setup your V2 for BBL? if not take a look at this.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347379

duramaximizer
January 6th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Okay, now I think I have a log on my V2 memory, how do I open it to read it I can't seem to find it.

On Edit, I found it and got it moved, not sure if I did it right or not, but I have data now. I just have to get my PIDS figured out so the data is useful.

duramaximizer
January 6th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I can't get "my" selected PID's to come up when I am using the V2 it keeps wanting to use the default LMM PID's. What is significant about APP_D? It's stuck at 18.7% on idle.

I really wish I could hand select my PIDS from a list rather than using the preselected PIDS for the LMM/Ally.

It will be nice when we can get the TCM and ECM logging together as I was hoping to use the free spaces in the TCM spot for everything I could and free up more spots on the PCM/ECM side.

Thanks,
Adam

8100 Power
January 6th, 2010, 08:29 AM
I can't get "my" selected PID's to come up when I am using the V2 it keeps wanting to use the default LMM PID's. What is significant about APP_D? It's stuck at 18.7% on idle.

I really wish I could hand select my PIDS from a list rather than using the preselected PIDS for the LMM/Ally.

It will be nice when we can get the TCM and ECM logging together as I was hoping to use the free spaces in the TCM spot for everything I could and free up more spots on the PCM/ECM side.

Thanks,
Adam
You can. Use the Scan and Tune, go to BBL settings, and drag them into the pid selection lists.

duramaximizer
January 6th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I did, but they still only are using the defaults. It doesn't change them in the lists, unless I am not saving them right/programming them right. I should save the modified PIDs under options? No?

On Edit: For and LMM Pid, it keeps giving me a spark advance, and a knock retard PID.

bballer182
January 6th, 2010, 02:28 PM
You should just delete the LMM default pids and start from scratch.

duramaximizer
January 6th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Okay, I'll try that. Thanks, guys. I wish I had more patience.

duramaximizer
January 6th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Ya, it would be nice to have options that were relevant to diesel. Everytime I try to save my selected PIDs as the LMM default, and reopen the LMM pid, it goes back to the irrelevant PIDs that come as the LMM default. It is making me rather mad that someone would setup gas pids for an LMM default let alone even make them an option. :bad:

Neither 7.5 or V8 are working worth a darn for tune tweeking an LMM. :help2:

bballer182
January 6th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Wow you really got something funky goin on. Using S&T when you add an LMM controller to configure in BBL it only allows you to add LMM relevant PIDS.

duramaximizer
January 6th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Wow you really got something funky goin on. Using S&T when you add an LMM controller to configure in BBL it only allows you to add LMM relevant PIDS.
No, not mine.:secret: Somehow even after I deselect all of the other controllers down to the LMM/ALLY, it will still let me select gasser pids and distinguishing between all the 4000 pids guessing which ones are the correct ones gets fuzzy. At one point I had 4 different engine/ecm rpm pids. :doh2:

bballer182
January 7th, 2010, 03:23 AM
I'd say wipe EFI off the computer and do a clean install. I just went into S&T to do a LMM and it only brought up the appropriate hundred or two PIDs for the controller.