PDA

View Full Version : V2 switching help needed

RedBowTies88
December 30th, 2009, 07:15 AM
well I finished up my first DSP tune last night and loaded it in but im having trouble getting the V2 set up for the switching...Cindy said that if it was within 6 months old i should not need to update the firmware and the date on the registration was this December so i'm assuming its good. when i built the tune i did set it for switching via serial data but then i go to the selectable tuning option on the V2 it says "this option is not available for the currently selected controller"

Also i have no clue what to do in the DSP output folder...should i leave that alone? the description has me confused a little

I have version 8 installed becuase i was told i would need it but im not sure what to do in it?

any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

GMPX
December 30th, 2009, 11:13 AM
You will get the same guidance here as on the other Diesel forums you already have this question running on, do we need to be double posting the same answers or can you stick with one of the Diesel forum threads?

Cheers,
Ross

RedBowTies88
December 30th, 2009, 11:21 AM
You will get the same guidance here as on the other Diesel forums you already have this question running on, do we need to be double posting the same answers or can you stick with one of the Diesel forum threads?

Cheers,
Ross

My apologies Ross ill stick to duramaxdiesels as Cindy was already kind enough to help me there.

i was just hoping some non-efi staff could help me thats why i multi-posted it. i know you guys are busy

ScarabEpic22
December 30th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I would start by downloading the latest software release and upgrading your V2 to firmware 2.06.21.

As for V2 switching, it is only available for the LB7 and LLY Duramaxes. LBZ and LMMs are not able to switch via V2, only hardwired switch.

I dont know what you have as you do not have a truck listed in your sig so that could be part of your problem.

RedBowTies88
December 30th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I would start by downloading the latest software release and upgrading your V2 to firmware 2.06.21.

As for V2 switching, it is only available for the LB7 and LLY Duramaxes. LBZ and LMMs are not able to switch via V2, only hardwired switch.

I dont know what you have as you do not have a truck listed in your sig so that could be part of your problem.

thanks man...i have all the latest software and firmware...i think cindy's got me going another gentleman and her have been helping my out on diesel place.

ill get to work on the sig...thats very noob of me to forget

joecar
December 30th, 2009, 09:33 PM
RedBowTies welcome to the forum...:cheers:

RedBowTies88
December 31st, 2009, 03:24 AM
Thanks joecar

lots of smart people here i think i just might be able to learn something :)

joecar
December 31st, 2009, 09:25 AM
I'm learning alot... there are many smart people here...:cheers:

GMPX
January 2nd, 2010, 01:12 AM
My apologies Ross ill stick to duramaxdiesels as Cindy was already kind enough to help me there.No worries, glad you got it all sorted in the end.