PDA

View Full Version : Stream question

joshp14
December 31st, 2009, 12:57 PM
I may be purchasing a few streams from someone else with EFILive V2. Will I be able to put those streams on my cable or will it only work on his?

If it will only work on his, then obviously I will need his cable as well. If this is the case, do I have to change any of the software on my laptop or will it automatically recognize the change and change everything accordingly?

When I go to purchase another stream in the future, will I be able to get credit for the licenses I purchased using for my cable towards a stream for use with his cable?

Just trying to get some things cleared up before I buy.

Thanks - Josh

ScarabEpic22
December 31st, 2009, 01:28 PM
You cannot transfer streams, they are locked to the V2 just as a VIN license would be. So you'll need his V2 as well.

I cannot answer your credit question however.

Brian1
December 31st, 2009, 02:11 PM
This link on EFILive site should explain it.
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108:vin-rebate-program&catid=52:discounts-rebates&Itemid=112

Brian

L31Sleeper
December 31st, 2009, 03:40 PM
joshp14 you will NOT have to make any software changes.

Your Lic credit will only give you credit on your cable.
When you plug your cable into your PC the software generates an
Auth Code http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5790
this code is unique to each cable.

kbracing96
December 31st, 2009, 04:04 PM
The individual license credits on you cable may only be used to get stream discounts on YOUR cable. You can't use them to get discount on streams you want to put on other cables that already have streams on it. Nor can you transfer streams or individual licenses from one cable to another. Let me know if you need any streams or licenses, as I can help you out with that.

ALL licensing info is stored on the cable its self. No changes to the software are needed. The only reason you enter your cable license info on the Scan And Tune software is so it knows you have purchased the software and doesn't need to start in Demo mode with out a cable plugged into it.

L31Sleeper
January 1st, 2010, 12:13 AM
EFI Live is a good company to do business with. Most of the time
they are VERY helpful when there is a problem, Like if you fry a PCM
or break your V2 they will do the best they can to reissue streams
or Licenses.