PDA

View Full Version : What Vehicle Def For a 94 Buick 3800

TucsonDirect
December 31st, 2009, 06:58 PM
I have a 1994 Buick Lesabre its a V6 3800, what vehicle definition do i use? It is obd1/aldl but has the obd2 connector, Any help would be Greatly appreciated

Tordne
December 31st, 2009, 07:18 PM
I do not believe there is a vehicle definition immediately available for your vehicle.

If you are able to send your full VIN through to support@efilive.com I can see if we might have any useful information which may provide the basis for you to create the vehicle definition.

TucsonDirect
December 31st, 2009, 07:23 PM
I do not believe there is a vehicle definition immediately available for your vehicle.

If you are able to send your full VIN through to support@efilive.com I can see if we might have any useful information which may provide the basis for you to create the vehicle definition.
ok, i know that this is a common vehicle that has little to no support because of the really odd connectors and standards Would it help if i sent any data streams or the like?
Happy New Year btw, i will follow up with the vin Shortly
Thanks

Tordne
December 31st, 2009, 07:27 PM
Connector wise perhaps somethign like this (http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=128) from one of our resellers (Moates Ware) might work. We recommend another of their cables for regular OBDI for use with EFILive V4. Of course it would pay to ask them directly to confirm support before purchasing as we cannot give that assurance for your vehicle.

Based on the VIN I was going to see if we had any data stream definition information. If you already have that there is nothing more that we can provide you with I'm afraid. It will be a case of transferring the details in the stream specification into a vehicle definition for use with EFILive V4.

TucsonDirect
December 31st, 2009, 07:31 PM
Here is the Vin# 1(L?)G4HP52L4RH464***(<--- 3 digits)

Tordne
December 31st, 2009, 07:35 PM
Sent you and email with the file. Good luck turning it into a vehicle definition....

TucsonDirect
December 31st, 2009, 07:37 PM
sorry what i meant was for your use do you want me to log all data coming from the vehicle i already have a cable.

Some things work but others dont with EFIlivev4 my main problem is when i choose diffrent definitions i get other DTC's and im not sure which one is accurate

TucsonDirect
December 31st, 2009, 07:38 PM
thanks for the help, what is the file you are sending me? what is its purpose

Tordne
December 31st, 2009, 07:56 PM
The file sent is the specification for DTCs etc for your vehicle. That information is to hopefully enable you to create the vehicle definition for your vehicle.

If you are using the evaluation version there are of course limitations (like not being able to save a log and the number of PIDs that can be monitored).

Also, if the vehicle definition does not correctly match some characteristics of your vehicle you will potentially get no data (or perhaps irregular data).

TucsonDirect
December 31st, 2009, 08:27 PM
The file sent is the specification for DTCs etc for your vehicle. That information is to hopefully enable you to create the vehicle definition for your vehicle.

If you are using the evaluation version there are of course limitations (like not being able to save a log and the number of PIDs that can be monitored).

Also, if the vehicle definition does not correctly match some characteristics of your vehicle you will potentially get no data (or perhaps irregular data).

Ok,

I purchased Pro about a year ago or so, with the file that was sent, how would i use that to create a Def. file? when i open the .xml file i dont see anything that would contain the info from this file.
I dont care so much about the speed rpm and such, but i Really need to get the Correct codes that the pcm is sending out, no local shops can read it, or they can and will for free but wont tell me what the problem actually is without paying

Tordne
January 1st, 2010, 07:36 PM
The specification file shows the mapping of bits (words) in the datastream to the PIDs.

About the best thiung I can suggest you do is have a look at some other vehicle definitions against the data stream specifications that they relate to. Then hopefully you will see a correlation and be able to create one for your vehicle.

I am sending you an email shortly with 6 files, 3 vehicle definitions, and 3 specifications which they relate to.

Blacky
January 2nd, 2010, 11:47 PM
when i open the .xml file i dont see anything that would contain the info from this file.

Don't try to edit the xml file directly. You open/edit/save/ the data in the xml files using the menu options in the EFILive V4 software.

Regards
Paul

Mr. P.
January 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Would you guys be willing to provide the same info for EFILive V7.5.100 for this VIN 2G4WF551XY1119144 (2000 Buick GS 3.8L S/C)?

Mr. P. :)

mr.prick
January 3rd, 2010, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't mind looking in the fuel injector folder for that vehicle. :lookaround:

Tordne
January 3rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
Only got data for some OBDI vehicles up to 1995 sorry.

TucsonDirect
January 3rd, 2010, 10:17 PM
Don't try to edit the xml file directly. You open/edit/save/ the data in the xml files using the menu options in the EFILive V4 software.

Regards
Paul

thats really good to know, i actually was using windows word 07, and used Find And Replace with this to clean up then pasted back into notepad so i could see each individual bracket on 1 line

Find= ><
Replace with=>^p<

the ^p will add a Break/enter/new line/ carriage return however you want to say it

TucsonDirect
January 3rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
ok i was just really jumping into this and it seems to start making sense, some things im not understanding are things such as

8 NEWRFPER+1 TIME BETWEEN REFERENCE PULSES (LSB)
mSEC = N/65.536
RPM = 1,310,720/N

that does the "N" mean? where does each field go?

Tordne
January 4th, 2010, 08:57 AM
'N' is the value being read from the datastream, the the calculation is reflected in the 'factor' cell (as a multiplier - so to divide is 0.??).

Tordne
January 4th, 2010, 08:58 AM
In the gm163 file look at ECT, RPM and ACPRES for some comparisons.