PDA

View Full Version : Can't Validate ETC PIDs

DrX
January 2nd, 2010, 03:40 PM
Logging these used to work fine for me. Haven't done it in a while though.

I cannot get the various ETCTP and ETCPP PIDs to validate. Have tried on 2 different vehicles that I have used it on in the past. I am using the latest versions of everything.

Tordne
January 3rd, 2010, 07:40 AM
I've just connected using 7.5.6 Build 101 to my test E38 controller and the GM.ETCPP1, GM.ETCPP2 AND GM.ETCTP are all valid. GM.ETCPP3 is not.

Perhaps you just need to run the 'Info->Validate Modules' and 'Info->Validate PIDs' menu commands in the Scan Tool?

DrX
January 3rd, 2010, 10:07 AM
These are 2004 LS1 style PCMs. Build 101 as of today. Same issues yesterday with previous build. Validating PIDs does not make these become available.

I can open up an old log by double clicking the file directly and the PIDs are all there, but as soon as I connect to the vehicle they become unavailable......see attached screen shots

I am also seeing an error message when I try to retrieve DTCs.

DrX
January 3rd, 2010, 10:15 AM
Note that these are the sensor voltage PIDs that I need. They are found in the "sensor" grouping.

Tordne
January 3rd, 2010, 10:37 AM
OK. I have one of those PCMs here as well and confirm that I see the same issue with those PIDs being invalid.

I don't get the error though when checking for DTCs?

Paul is back from holiday late this week so it will have to hold for him I'm afraid.

DrX
January 3rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
OK. Thanks.

It looks like the DTC read error is only occuring on one of the vehicles.

I think I had read the DTCs, then I cleared them and the error message popped up at the point where you would expect it to return to the refreshed DTC list. Could be that the DTC clearing process did not complete properly??

Tordne
January 3rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
That error is a return code from a controller. So, possibly the clear process did not function - perhaps something else on the bus woke up as well and caused a reset.

DrX
January 3rd, 2010, 02:11 PM
Yes, the CEL is still illuminated.

DrX
January 10th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Well the CEL cleared itself after a few days of driving, but I still receive that same error message when trying to read DTCs from that PCM. Although I am assuming that there are no current DTCs stored at this time.

DrX
January 17th, 2010, 05:07 PM
OK. I have one of those PCMs here as well and confirm that I see the same issue with those PIDs being invalid.

I don't get the error though when checking for DTCs?

Paul is back from holiday late this week so it will have to hold for him I'm afraid.

Any news on this? I have a customer's 102mm throttle body and hate to send it back to AU without confirmation that TPS signal ranges are satisfactory. It appears to operate well with the custom adapter harness I built for it, but I would like to confirm what the TAC module/PCM are seeing. For example, I don't want to be running a minimum TPSV of .38V on a circuit when .37 will trigger REP mode.

Thanks

DrX
January 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Well the CEL cleared itself after a few days of driving, but I still receive that same error message when trying to read DTCs from that PCM. Although I am assuming that there are no current DTCs stored at this time.

After installing RC2 today, I decided to try reflashing the PCM. I am now able to retrieve DTCs. ETC PID validation remains a no go.