PDA

View Full Version : LMM: Any "Limp Modes" that limit to around 2500 RPM?

8100 Power
January 6th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Just as the title. The truck I'm tuning for the removed DPF has a RPM limit of 2500 RPM, stock tune, stock tune with DPF deleted, it doesn't matter...Still won't go above 2500 RPM. Any ideas?

Thinking software, maybe a full flash of another stock tune. :confused:

duramaximizer
January 7th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Would the truck run without codes other than the DPF codes when you started it earlier?

Dmaxink
January 7th, 2010, 02:26 AM
stock tune- but did you actually do the dpf delete within the tune? i had a guy bring me a truck yesterday that her just cut the dpf off and was wondering why he was getting engine codes and a reduced power mode :cucumber:

make sure your dpf is turned off within the tune and adjust MIL to coenside.
also,,,had a customer that kept throwing reduced power and after trial and error last resort type thing i checked his airbox,,,dirty as a MF so i cleaned it and voila....problem fixed!

hope some of this helped...can you tell us about what time/ symptoms of it going into limp mode? Is this at WOT or just cruising along normal?

8100 Power
January 7th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Would the truck run without codes other than the DPF codes when you started it earlier?

Yes, runs great. Pulls hard when you take off, but it shifts out at 2500 RPMs. Just like the rev limiter is set there instead of 3250

stock tune- but did you actually do the dpf delete within the tune? i had a guy bring me a truck yesterday that her just cut the dpf off and was wondering why he was getting engine codes and a reduced power mode :cucumber:

make sure your dpf is turned off within the tune and adjust MIL to coenside.
also,,,had a customer that kept throwing reduced power and after trial and error last resort type thing i checked his airbox,,,dirty as a MF so i cleaned it and voila....problem fixed!

hope some of this helped...can you tell us about what time/ symptoms of it going into limp mode? Is this at WOT or just cruising along normal?

Yes, I pulled the stock tune. Done the DPF Delete, blocked the MILs, and reflashed the tune. Won't go above 2500 RPM

8100 Power
January 7th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Tried a full flash today. No luck..

Still won't go!

duramaximizer
January 7th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I just got my truck reflashed at the dealership today to go from the 7103 os to the newest 8594 OS (DSP5 capable). My truck ran fine all the way home (10 mile) without a DPF and it would rev to 3250. Yes, my engine light was on.

So the truck is in limp mode, but it is setting no engine codes now since the DPF codes are deleted?

I would start checking for loose wires, bad connections.

I would probably take the tune and maxing out B1192 table to 1476 and try that.

Check your PM's.

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

8100 Power
January 7th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I just got my truck reflashed at the dealership today to go from the 7103 os to the newest 8594 OS (DSP5 capable). My truck ran fine all the way home (10 mile) without a DPF and it would rev to 3250. Yes, my engine light was on.

So the truck is in limp mode, but it is setting no engine codes now since the DPF codes are deleted?

I would start checking for loose wires, bad connections.

I would probably take the tune and maxing out B1192 table to 1476 and try that.

Check your PM's.

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

I have no idea if it is. Their is no codes, but it makes me think since it won't go past 2500 rpms it is in Limp mode. I'm getting NO "Reduced Power" messages or anything.

I have no idea on the fuel filter. But, if that was the problem, I'm not sure that it would limit it to the constant RPM of 2500 only.