PDA

View Full Version : Does my ve table look sane?

ringram
November 2nd, 2005, 05:32 AM
Hi all, my ltft's are sitting -5 to +3 so far.
Ive lost some bottom end, perhaps too rich?
Anyway just wondering if this looks about right. Mods are 1-5/8 try-y headers into 2.5" dual exhaust with cats. CAI and 1.8 rockers. Im in SD mode at present with stock belows. Car is M6 VTII R8 Clubsport.

BowlingSS
November 2nd, 2005, 05:49 AM
It looks way rich compared to mine. Do you have a wideband to check the AFR? You really need a WB to get the VE Table close.

Bill

ZL1Killa
November 2nd, 2005, 06:12 AM
you numbers are def too high, my highest with
FAST intake (90mm), NW 90mm TB, 1 3/4 headers no cats...etc all bolt ons is like around 102~103

you need to get a wideband and stick it in either the tailpipe (not as acurate) or in an oxygen sensor hole in your exhaust

ringram
November 2nd, 2005, 06:27 AM
Hmm, I have an LC-1 just havnt hooked it up yet.. I think ill get the bung welded on tomorrow.
Its 15deg C here now and I do have 1.8 rockers, though I see you have a cam, so perhaps it is too rich. Ive only tuned to around 5000 RPM and left the other regions alone. I pretty much added 15 on to the stock tune to the middle of the table as per my average ltft's..

Thanks guys, Ill let you know what I find.

Tordne
November 2nd, 2005, 07:50 AM
I pretty much added 15 on to the stock tune to the middle of the table as per my average ltft's..

When you say you added 15, is that % or #? Those numbers do look way to high.

ringram
November 2nd, 2005, 11:13 AM
Yep 15 total, not %, did it in 2 loads, first lot was around 9, then another 6 or so in the middle of the table. Some area's maybe 6 or 7. Here are the ltft's for this ve table. I just flashed a change of 50% of these ltft's in as there are a few -ve's, which means rich. Most cells had 20+ hits, top left ones well into 200+ range.

joecar
November 2nd, 2005, 12:09 PM
"Sunny London"...?
:D

Scoota
November 2nd, 2005, 05:46 PM
There is enough fuel to run two engines with those VE's.

You're power must feel like S^!t.

Cheers Scotty.

ringram
November 2nd, 2005, 09:47 PM
Ok, you guys have convinced me. Im going to reflash with a manual baseline this time and this time not do any full graph smoothing as I suspect this raised some of the values where they perhaps didnt need to be.

Tordne has suggested a non holden baseline so I will see how that goes.
Thanks for the feedback.

Tordne
November 2nd, 2005, 09:55 PM
Tordne has suggested a non holden baseline so I will see how that goes.

Just to clarify:

I have seen suggestions from various people about HSV tunes not being good tunes to use as a base.

My personal experience, and my current tune, is largely derived from that of an 02 Camaro, with changes obviously. I am pretty happy with the way my car is right now. The calibrations were manually copied across, so the OS is still intended for Holden/HSV vehicles (12225074 or Custom OS series 0129000x).

Cheers,

ringram
November 3rd, 2005, 01:47 AM
Yep thanks Andrew, I figured out that I need to be careful and take the right bits into a compatible OS. So far so good, works fine.

SSbaby
November 3rd, 2005, 06:11 PM
The VY2 GTS tune looks pretty good to me. I've used that as a starting base for my cammed LS1 as I knew it would be rich but better than stock.

Anyway, going an HSV tune is a good, safe starting base IMO. You can always go more aggressive with mixtures and spark... and improve on the base tune.

I've progressively subtracted my VEs by around 2-3% at a time and also run leaner PEs (I don't have the WO2 hooked up yet). In fact, this year alone, I've reflashed the PCM over 50 times. There's always something you could improve... or just plain like to try. ;)

Just my 2c.