PDA

View Full Version : dsp 5 question

boccheballs
January 9th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Hello my name is Brian and I am brand new to EFI LIVE.

I have an 07 classic lbz, and recently bought the efi v2. I received a dsp5 tune file from a reputable tune builder. I full flashed the file on my ecm and drove it for about 3 days until I had enough time to hook up the switch. The truck ran very well and was under the impression that it would running off of the base or stock tune. I disconnected the batteries and remove the fender well and installed the switch without any hang ups at all. I mounted the switch and hooked the batteries back up. The truck started and idled fine but i noticed I got a code right away stating (boost/supercharger control solenoid circuit open). The truck ran at a reduced speed and power and showed no boost on the gauge before or after I cleared the dtc code. Please remember I am brand new at this and any help would be appreciated!

Brian

Sleepertrk
January 9th, 2010, 05:09 PM
now that you have the switch installed did you check the voltage with scantool? Maybe try a total reflash of the program again.

boccheballs
January 10th, 2010, 06:34 AM
I went back in and made sure all the wires were in all the way and put it back together and he codes were gone and I have boost. So now I will go on and check the voltages and go from there.

So now once I do that and all four are reading the correct voltage can I just full flash the dsp file on the ecm again?

Thanks again Brian

Sleepertrk
January 10th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Yeah once the voltages are correct with the DSP tunes then just do a full reflash and you should be good to go!