PDA

View Full Version : Bbl question

boccheballs
January 11th, 2010, 08:12 AM
last week I installed my dsp5 switch and full flashed the dsp file. I'm am really new to EFI LIVE and just wanted to start by correctly hooking everything up to BBL. I started by following the step by step instructions in the scan tool getting started pdf. When i connect to the truck choosing the lbz ecm and then it ran the OBDII emissions related test results. I went to the summary and found a red X next to dtc's. I double clicked it and stated with a red engine icon: left front driver or generic door ajar circuit open. code b2978 and it says it's on the TCM and will not clear??

It seems that all these test have to pass in order to do any type of logging.

I then went to the allison 6sp tcm and ran the dtc check and it came up with a gray engine emblem stating the same as the one on the ecm and would not clear either.

I hope this is clear enough :confused:

Brian

boccheballs
January 11th, 2010, 08:43 AM
oops this may be in the wrong section. it may belong in the http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

boccheballs
January 12th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I got it figured out. For one the dsp5 switch was not properly grounded and on top of that i was in the wrong place in the scan tool. The tuner that I bought my stuff from walked me through it in 5 minutes and got me logging what I needed.

Thanks
Brian

joecar
January 12th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Cool...:cheers: