PDA

View Full Version : At SEMA where is EFI Live????

Redline Motorsports
November 2nd, 2005, 12:40 PM
I know this doesn't belong in this section but it gets viewed the most. Where is EFI Live at the SEMA show??? I have been here for two days and can't find them. Are they here??

There competition is so I thought they would be here for sure.

Anyone?????

Howard

joecar
November 2nd, 2005, 12:45 PM
AutoTap booth 34034

See upper right underneath "Visit EFILive at SEMA/AAPEX": http://www.efilive.com/

Redline Motorsports
November 2nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Awesome! Thank you!

Howard

GMPX
November 3rd, 2005, 05:29 AM
We sure are here Howard, hope you can call past.
Notice how we have not been posting??.

Cheers,
Ross

Redline Motorsports
November 3rd, 2005, 01:48 PM
Ross,

Finally found you guys! Thank god I got a hold of Jesse or I would have been walking around the Vegas area for a week!

I apparently missed you but was able to meet Paul and his wife. Also got a chance to meet Ben S. from EFI University.

Now I got to hunt Jesse down before we split!

Thanks

Howard

MN C5
November 3rd, 2005, 04:02 PM
How about some pictures and a little report on what you've seen at SEMA..

Redline Motorsports
November 4th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Pictures I have a ton of...but are having problems with getting them off the card into the laptop!

The coolest thing I saw was a new block setup by a company called ERL. The have a setup to bring the GEN 3 motor to over 500 CI!

Up to a 4.250" bore and 4.500" stroke! Lots of new cylinder heads are on the market to. Edelbrock has a sweet raw cast head as well as an off the shelve model. World also showed a brand new cast LSX block to replace the stock block all together.

When I return this weekend I'll get some picture up!

Howard

joecar
November 4th, 2005, 05:37 AM
The coolest thing I saw was a new block setup by a company called ERL. The have a setup to bring the GEN 3 motor to over 500 CI!
He he he, CI makes torque, torque makes power and they both rule. :D :D :D

That is a cool thing to see.

dfe1
November 5th, 2005, 12:10 PM
The ERL deal is really well done. The company has done a similar project for Honda and it has been very successful. Some people expressed concerns over potential coolant leakage, but that should NOT be a problem. These guys are really sharp and seem to have all the bases covered really well. They've addressed issues like rod/stroke ratio, piston pin height and cam/connecting rod clearance, and eliminated potential problems.

Redline Motorsports
November 5th, 2005, 05:30 PM
I went back to there booth three times to talk to those guys. That motor very well engineered. I build quite a few GEN 3 motors a year and have seen my share of sleeved motors and this setup is mint!

We are trying to get setup as a dealer! :D

Howard

tuff
November 6th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Man i tryed like hell to find you guys and no luck.I must have had the both number wrong.Damn place was huge.

dfe1
November 6th, 2005, 02:26 PM
The problem was that B&B Electronics was listed as AutoTap and was at the "other" show at the Sands Convention Center, not the SEMA Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. It took me a while to figure it out too, and unfortunately, I wasn't able to get over to the other show. In any event, here's a photo of the ERL 500 ci LSx short block.

tuff
November 6th, 2005, 03:20 PM
The problem was that B&B Electronics was listed as AutoTap and was at the "other" show at the Sands Convention Center, not the SEMA Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. It took me a while to figure it out too, and unfortunately, I wasn't able to get over to the other show. In any event, here's a photo of the ERL 500 ci LSx short block.
How big was the show over at the sands convention?I didn't know it was there to.

dfe1
November 6th, 2005, 04:24 PM
The Aapex Show at the Sands is also huge. I'm not sure which show is bigger, but the Aapex show is primarily geared towards standard replacement parts and accessories as opposed to performance/custom parts and accessories. The problem finding the AutoTap booth was that the number was listed as 34034-- which was a legitimate booth number for both shows.

joecar
November 6th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Looks like about 1" or 1.25" high.
Thats very clever.
What holds it in...?
Is the block a standard LS6 block...?