PDA

View Full Version : V1 to v2 switch

MIKE P
January 13th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I JUST LOADED EFI LIVE AND MY V2 SAYS IT NEEDS AN UP DATE SO IT WANTS MY V1 AND V2 CONNECTED AT THE SAME TIME.I HOOKED THEM UP WITH USB CABLES EACH HAS ITS OWN AND IT WONT REGISTER AND SAYS TO CONNECT THE TWO TOGEATHER.I JUST WANT TO START TUNING AND I HAVE HAD LOTS OF DRIVER PROBLEMS TOO.I HOPE SOME ONE CAN HELP ME:doh2:

joecar
January 13th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Hi Mike,

I pm'd Tech Support.

Welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Tordne
January 13th, 2010, 03:43 PM
If you have purchased a FlashScan V2 upgrade from V1 (which it sounds like you have) it ships in "Upgrade Mode".

Connect both FlashScan V1 and FlashScan V2 interfaces to your PC and then open the Tune Tool. Then go to the 'Help->FlashScan V2 Upgrade' menu option.

Please note: If you are going to sell your FlashScan V1 there must be at least one available PCM license. EFILive will no longer issue PCM licenses to the FlashScan V1 serial number, and you must advise the new owner of this limitation.

Blacky
January 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM
The instructions for the V1 to V2 upgrade are contained in the document:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Documents->Quick Start.
The upgrade instructions start of page 13.

Regards
Paul

MIKE P
January 13th, 2010, 04:04 PM
When i have them connected my computer tell me to connect them but they are its like its not seeing the v1 and v2 i dont know if the v1 was ever used i know the v2 was new in the box and plastic it is starting to get me upset

Tordne
January 13th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Is the FlashScan V2 booting so you can see test on the screen?
Can you see both devices in Device Manager under the Universal Serial Bus controllers section?
What is the firmware version on the V2?

Blacky
January 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM
There was a bug in earlier versions of the EFILive V7 software that caused the same problem. Make sure you update your V7 software to V7.5.6.102, available here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12760

Regards
Paul