PDA

View Full Version : Getting KR after first AutoVE session

W_D_R
January 14th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Spent a little time with autove today. Set everything up according to the tutorial. Drove the truck for about 30-45 minutes. Hide the less then 50 count cells, used the filter and copy and pasted. Done it again because I was around.89 noticed a little knock during the second. Copy and pasted again. Then I got more KR.

W_D_R
January 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Here is the log.

joecar
January 14th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Hi WDR,

Your B3605 is way to lean in the operating region...

in tunetool go Edit->Properties and make sure the fueling unit to AFR or EQ and not Lambda...

set B3605 so that it's not lean, and start over.

Mr. P.
January 14th, 2010, 05:38 PM
... and make sure the fueling unit to AFR or EQ and not Lambda...

+1

It requires a mental adjustment, but working in EQR, actual airmass (g/sec), and Kpa is much easier to get your head around in the long run. Also, the PCM actually uses these exact values itself, so you are programming 'apples to apples'. Anywhere air/fuel ratio is set (commanded AFR table for example) use EQ ratio as your units. Change the airmass tables from VE% to actual grams of airmass (i.e. Main VE table). And change all tables that refer to the MAP sensor to display in Kpa (i.e. metric units).

Mr. P. :)

joecar
January 15th, 2010, 05:07 AM
+1.

EQR units make fuel modifier math easier...
VE units are really g*K/kPa...
you'll get used to these units.

Also, make sure that:
- on scantool Data tab: MAP is in kPa,
- in tunetool VE table B0101: MAP axis is in kPa,
i.e. both in kPa.

W_D_R
January 15th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I changed fueling to EQR and made sure MAP was kpa. Where should B3605 be set to? I changed it ti how you see it from the AutoVE tutorial. Should it be 1.0 in all cells?

Thanks, Wes

joecar
January 15th, 2010, 04:24 PM
No, not 1.0 in all cells...

The high load cells (the columns from 80kPa and up, on the RHS of the table) should be about 1.14 to 1.16 (corresponding to AFR 12.8 to 12.6)...

you do want those cells to be sufficiently rich to avoid knock/damage under load (e.g. opening up the throttle).

What does you BARO pid say...?

W_D_R
January 16th, 2010, 05:03 PM
After changing from Lambda to EQR, I see where I was way lean. No wonder I was getting the knock. I changed the table to read richer as you stated joecar. I will try again tomorrow after church and post back.

Thanks, Wes

W_D_R
January 17th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Went for another drive, the truck seems to idle smoother and the transition from idle to throttle is smooth with out hesitation now. Where I have a problem is that at WOT the truck seems to stumble and I still have a little KR. Also my LTFT's don't match, should'nt they be the same?

Wes