PDA

View Full Version : Os 12615434

synister1
January 16th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Anyone aware of adding an operating system to a new 12612384? I have a 2008 ecm and am trying to load a factory program but it is saying that the OS is a mismatch. It appears to need a 12615434? Is the only way to get this through a Tech 2? I would appreciate any knowledge!! Also ive only flashed computers with an existing OS installed.

Thanks Mark

ScarabEpic22
January 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Plug your FlashScan in, then open the tune file. Hit the BIG red arrow, it will prompt you to do a full flash. This means overwrite the OS and cal that are currently on the ECM instead of just the cal.

Had to do it on my E67 for my TBSS.

synister1
January 16th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Well your not gonna like this but i dont have EFI Live i will next week though lol I have always used HP Tuners and i am going to purchase EFI Live i just discovered it. I appreciate your time are you familiar with that software? And where is the best place to purchase the EFI Live? Also how is the support? Hp has treated me well and thats one of the things i like about them!

Again Thanks so much!!!!
Mark

ScarabEpic22
January 16th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Ive been using it for 3.5+ years now, Im alright with it but its a hobby for me not a job. To purchase it, I have used Jesse at Wait4Me Performance but there is a list of resellers on the main website (www.efilive.com). Support is great, lots of people on here will vouch for that. If there is a bug, its fixed asap. Question about driver installation or tuning? Pretty quick usually.