PDA

View Full Version : EGR not disabled

killerbee
January 18th, 2010, 02:13 PM
LMM: When coming to a stop, it still opens. Is there a speed enabler somewhere?

Happens just as the VSS goes to 0. Park or Drive.

killerbee
January 18th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Also worthy of note, GM.EGR does not reflect anything but 100%, even when MAF reduction verifies EGR open operation.

rcr1978
January 18th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Also worthy of note, GM.EGR does not reflect anything but 100%, even when MAF reduction verifies EGR open operation.

I noticed this a while back, whats funny is sometimes it works :confused: Fist noticed when LMM tuning was first released. It seams to work fine as long as the egr is NOT disabledI have not checked it again for about 3 months though.

killerbee
January 18th, 2010, 06:46 PM
GM.EGR shows 100% when I know it is closed. Like so much of the LMM, I have no clue what this is trying to tell me.

duramaximizer
January 19th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Do the commanded egr percentage. That will tell you a lot. I give up disabling my egr for the moment. Mine would still come pulse going down the road. So I enabled it and went the route that had worked for others which was to set the egr out of range with flow desired at 0 and that still made it want to spit and sputter on start up, so now I am back to running it full on for now until i can get it disabled completely. I never had any codes.

killerbee
January 19th, 2010, 02:48 AM
It does not appear to be a pid that gives a valid reading of EGR position (actual). This has led me to some false conclusions.

Seems some EGR function has been remedied, but much still remains.

duramaximizer
January 19th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I don't know if you are using standalone logging, or logging through the laptop? Through the laptop, commanded egr position was the only one that worked right with the 7103. What OS are you dealing with? My truck was an 07.5 and had the 7103 OS but, I have since upgraded (free from the dealer) to the 8594 OS which got rid of a lot of the EGR related problems I was having I now have different ones. The issue I have with mine seemed to be temperature sensitive like right around 120* ECT. It will cycle on a restart then it seems fine.

killerbee
January 19th, 2010, 11:35 AM

I noticed my EGR begins at 140F.

duramaximizer
January 19th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Ya, I am going through right now with the egr set to enable, and I am going to try and make it out of range. I seen that earlier and never had the time to mess with it. I might mess with it now. I am glad you caught that. :)

B1505
B1506 , I am not sure how to set these so as to keep the valve in the closed position.

killerbee
January 19th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I have tried every button. :) EGR cannot be fully defeated on this 594. What is strange, is I had it fully OFF on a previous 594, which was dpf delete (still have the logs). Could this be the difference?

GMPX
January 19th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Just a note on the PID's.
Any PID that ends in DMA is defined by EFILive, not GM, so if there is errors, the blame sits with us.
Any PID that is GM.xxx or SAE.xxx is defined in the ECM by GM. The software engineers at Bosch/Delphi write the code that gives the values back for those PID's. If it's wrong it's not us, we just report what the ECM is sending back. It seems the Bosch ECM has a habit of sending back questionable data using it's built in PID list. I don't understand why this is.

I've also come to the conclusion that the parameters that 'should' disable functions are there for decoration, well, they aren't like a global disable, the best bet is to tune the enable parameters outside normal operating range. I've tried to add in as many of them as possible.

Cheers,
Ross

killerbee
January 19th, 2010, 05:08 PM
perplexing.

duramaximizer
January 19th, 2010, 05:11 PM
B1505
B1506 , I am not sure how to set these so as to keep the valve in the closed position.

perplexing.

:doh2:

Can anyone answer my former question?

Thanks Ross!