PDA

View Full Version : LC1 Serial Logging

oztracktuning
November 5th, 2005, 10:56 AM
It would be good if Flashscan could log the serial data from the LC1 as it then could be easily connected.

Is this possible? Surely if logworks can log the data from the lc1 this way flashscan could be programmed to do similar.

Any ideas?

Texas Terminator
November 5th, 2005, 02:36 PM
absolutely! just set up the pid for it. check the new tutorial on the LC-1, it will explain it all. here ya go. http://www.efilive.com/doc/Tutorials/LC-1%20Installation%20Tutorial.pdf

Black02SS
November 6th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Its two more wires that have to go from the LC1 to the Cable. To me that is easier then trying to string out a big serial cable.

Ira
November 6th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Its two more wires that have to go from the LC1 to the Cable. To me that is easier then trying to string out a big serial cable.

It might use 2 more wires, but it would actually be right even given ground loops and the like.

Ira

Black02SS
November 6th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Didn't think of that.

GMPX
November 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
It would be good if Flashscan could log the serial data from the LC1 as it then could be easily connected.

Is this possible? Surely if logworks can log the data from the lc1 this way flashscan could be programmed to do similar.

Any ideas?

V2 hardware yes, current hardware, no.

Cheers,
Ross

Dirk Diggler
November 7th, 2005, 05:11 AM

Any ideas?

V2 hardware yes, current hardware, no.

Cheers,
Ross

Hence why my signature was created ;). Will we need forumlas and such for logging serial data or will it be plug and play

Blacky
November 7th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Hence why my signature was created ;). Will we need forumlas and such for logging serial data or will it be plug and play

No plug and play.
It will require a "datastream" definition that can be programmed into FlashScan V2 that "describes" the format of the data being received from an external serial data source.
It could be a dyno, a gps unit, a wideband O2 etc.

We will most likely set up defaults, pre-programmed into V2, that way you just select the device that is connected to the serial input, the baud rate and you're good to go.

One day in the distant future we may write some software smart enough to auto sense the baud rate and data content and make an intelligent guess at what the source device might be. But not in the initial release.

Regards
Paul

Extinct
November 8th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Geez, now I feel so inadequate with my normal flashscan V1 setup. :oops: