PDA

View Full Version : Faster Tap Shift Response

duramaximizer
January 20th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Just wondering if their would be a way to speed up the tapshifting up or down through the programming. Mine seems a little lazy. It is esp true if it has a load on it. Sometimes I think I even hit it twice before it does anything. It was kinda nice on the older gen, you move the lever and you have instant down shift. :rockon:

bballer182
January 20th, 2010, 02:54 PM
mine is pretty quick even with a load. maybe you have a bad button?

duramaximizer
January 21st, 2010, 03:24 AM
nope, I have a LMM..... I have compared to other LMM's and LBZ's. The LBZ's react a lot faster...esp when pulling the sled. It seems as though there is a 1 sec delay... I would like to get rid of. I may log it, I think you can see commanded gear vs when it shifts.

bballer182
January 22nd, 2010, 02:23 AM
yeah you should be able to.

DURAtotheMAX
January 22nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
no, if you look in the TCM tune you'll clearly see there is no table that refers to this..

and Id bet my truck on the fact that figuring out the switch debounce and delay programming is nowhere near the top of efilive's priority list.

ben

Cougar281
January 22nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
and Id bet my truck on the fact that figuring out the switch debounce and delay programming is nowhere near the top of efilive's priority list.

ben

If it's even possible... I'm pretty sure the T43 guys have been complaining about the tap-shift delays on their transmissions for some time, but I don't think it's been figured out either.

DURAtotheMAX
January 22nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
its probably something in the base firmware, not the calibration, or maybe there is even 'hardware' de-bounce circuitry in the shifter itself, like a capacitor or something.

MMLMM
January 22nd, 2010, 12:51 PM
try hitting the switch about a second before you normally would. That should fix it. :angel_innocent:

bballer182
January 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
nope, I have a LMM..... I have compared to other LMM's and LBZ's. The LBZ's react a lot faster...esp when pulling the sled. It seems as though there is a 1 sec delay... I would like to get rid of. I may log it, I think you can see commanded gear vs when it shifts.

yeah you should be able to.

no, if you look in the TCM tune you'll clearly see there is no table that refers to this..

ben

My reply was in reference to the logging selected gear vs. current gear.

duramaximizer
January 22nd, 2010, 07:24 PM

ben

No shit shurlok. It's a pipe dream just like you being able to lock your converter on time. Lay off. It was a request. :bash:

On EDIT: Thanks Mike....... ya just right ....shit too late.