PDA

View Full Version : 2000 silverado efan install

nchristian
January 20th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I wanting to install efans on a 2000 silverado, with OS 09381344. I was wanting to know what pcm pin to install the relay ground and has anyone had any issues with this install. I looking at pcmforless efan kit with the ls1 fan. http://www.pcmforless.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=74&Itemid=81

LinearX
January 21st, 2010, 03:16 AM
The wiring harness should connect to pin 42 on the PCM.

A friend and I recently performed this mod on his 2000 Silverado.

Mr. P.
January 27th, 2010, 12:45 PM
THAT'S NOT ENOUGH -

You need to make sure the fans ALSO come on when the A/C compressor is running, or else you will overheat the freon and it will be safety-vented to the atmosphere.

Pin 42 only grounds when the ECT is above your programmed setpoint; it will not turn the fans on when the A/C is running; this was changed in the 2003+ PCM's and climate control systems, those PCMs and OSs *will* turn the fans on based on A/C system pressure, but your hardware won't.

Mr. P.

LinearX
January 27th, 2010, 04:54 PM
THAT'S NOT ENOUGH -

You need to make sure the fans ALSO come on when the A/C compressor is running, or else you will overheat the freon and it will be safety-vented to the atmosphere.

Pin 42 only grounds when the ECT is above your programmed setpoint; it will not turn the fans on when the A/C is running; this was changed in the 2003+ PCM's and climate control systems, those PCMs and OSs *will* turn the fans on based on A/C system pressure, but your hardware won't.

Mr. P.

I can't speak with 100% certainty on the PCMforless harness, but the Nelson harness makes a connection to the A/C clutch wire and it will turn the fans on. This was all done with the 2000 OS and it worked exactly as it should have.