PDA

View Full Version : DSP Calibration number on DIC?

Donovan
January 21st, 2010, 02:15 PM
I was thinking to myself today that it would be really cool if when you switch the tune if it showed the tune name or which DSP number it was changed to! Any way we could get something like that added in. It would also be pretty sweet if that dsp calibration was user nameable and that showed up. I realize that its probably an impossible BCM thing, but just figured I would throw out this crazy idea for kicks....

bballer182
January 21st, 2010, 03:54 PM
I was thinking to myself today that it would be really cool if when you switch the tune if it showed the tune name or which DSP number it was changed to! Any way we could get something like that added in. It would also be pretty sweet if that dsp calibration was user nameable and that showed up. I realize that its probably an impossible BCM thing, but just figured I would throw out this crazy idea for kicks....

Pretty sure you nailed it.

GMPX
January 21st, 2010, 04:45 PM
I thought about that too, but I don't think it's possible.
The ECM is on the high speed CAN bus, the cluster (DIC) is on the low speed CAN bus, so they don't talk directly to each other. I'm not sure it's even possible to get the ECM to send out such a message on the high speed CAN bus, yet alone get interoperated by the BCM to make it to the cluster.
Nice idea but I don't think it will happen.

Cheers,
Ross

duramaximizer
January 21st, 2010, 05:24 PM
I thought about that too, but I don't think it's possible.
The ECM is on the high speed CAN bus, the cluster (DIC) is on the low speed CAN bus, so they don't talk directly to each other. I'm not sure it's even possible to get the ECM to send out such a message on the high speed CAN bus, yet alone get interoperated by the BCM to make it to the cluster.
Nice idea but I don't think it will happen.

Cheers,
Ross

Another words it could happen if there were 4 of you.....just not in this lifetime.:welcome:

GMPX
January 21st, 2010, 06:54 PM
No, technically it might not be possible at all, even with a team of boffins.

MMLMM
January 21st, 2010, 09:10 PM
What about nameable (user custom) on the V2 in the DSP5 output PID...for BBL? Instead of "no_dsp, dsp #1 and so on"

I tried playing with it. I even opened a file up in notepad and tried to change it but no worky :)

GMPX
January 21st, 2010, 11:50 PM
Probably a calculated PID might work, but I'll be honest, that isn't my area of EFILive dev so I don't know how it could be done.