PDA

View Full Version : Tuning with Custom OS???

DrX
November 5th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Just installed a Custom OS(04073003) and a 2 bar MAP. MAF is unplugged. Now I'm trying to tune using Auto VE but Commanded AFR is always at 12.49( at any temp or RPM). Nothing I do with any of the tables changes it. I can change the actual (wideband) AFR by changing the VE table but Commanded always remains at 12.49. So it looks like Auto VE will only get me 12.49 across the board, correct? The only thing that has an effect on Commanded AFR is bidi. Haven't even gone near boost tuning yet.

No B3647 table(Open Loop AFR Calibration) or B4205(Closed Loop Temp Enable) in my Custom OS. B3605 (Commanded Fuel When in Open Loop) is not being followed. I have B3613(PE MAP Threshold) set to kick in at 100 kPa.

Is there something I am missing or haven't figured out yet? What tables/modifiers determine Commanded AFR in SD?

Edit: Oops! Correction: I do have B4205 and I did have the values maxed as per the Auto VE tutorial. Just a little brain cramp there.

Texas Terminator
November 5th, 2005, 03:18 PM
if your MAF is totally disconnected, you will have no IAT reference.

DrX
November 5th, 2005, 03:27 PM
if your MAF is totally disconnected, you will have no IAT reference.

My IAT has been relocated to the Radix intake.

Texas Terminator
November 5th, 2005, 03:33 PM
your MAP is changing values isn't it?

DrX
November 5th, 2005, 03:38 PM
your MAP is changing values isn't it?

Yes it is.

DrX
November 6th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Still trying to set this up. I see that P0102(MAF circuit low) is being set even though I turned everything off as per the tutorial. Does this affect anything?

Tordne
November 6th, 2005, 11:30 AM
That P0102 code will still be thrown. All we do is tell the MIL light not to show on this DTC. There is a section in the Scan Tool where you can define the DTC's to ignore, but this is not necessary.

You can email me the tune file if you like and I can have a quick look at it. My email server is down temporarily (damn telco) but I should get it when it all comes back.

DrX
November 6th, 2005, 12:05 PM
That P0102 code will still be thrown. All we do is tell the MIL light not to show on this DTC. There is a section in the Scan Tool where you can define the DTC's to ignore, but this is not necessary.

That's what I thought. MIL is turned off, etc. So you don't see it unless you pull it out of the PCM. Tried maxing C2907 to prevent the tests from being run but that gave me a no run condition. Not sure why if the MAF isn't being used anyway.

DrX
November 7th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Updated my .cal file with the new one that was just posted. I now have B3647 and can control commanded AFR with it! :D