PDA

View Full Version : Soot Accumulation-DPF problems

killerbee
January 21st, 2010, 03:32 PM
During the course of trying to tune LMM, the DPF clogged up, and created yet another major headache with DIC warnings and the P2463 soot code.

I have some questions, naturally.

When the limp mode ("reduced power") kicks in, is regen still active? I say no because timing went back up, but the soot counter pid seemed to be reducing, so I am confused.

Ross, is there ANY way to get some kind of remedy, so I don't have to find a 30 mile road to fix this? Clearing a code every 5 minutes is a PIA, not to mention a safety hazard when battling 50 mph crosswinds. :fluffy:

The dealer has a Tech 2 procedure, so I am told.

I have no idea why it got so loaded up, maybe it was all the low speed and idle activity, and also wonder if my particular tuning was complicit. I have to say, the DPF winds the IDIOT OF THE YEAR award, as far as I am concerned.

Is soot accumulation some kind of measured parameter, or an algorithm? I am guessing the latter, in which case, surely we can get some relief from EFILive.

If this was my truck, it would be disconnected tomorrow.

duramaximizer
January 21st, 2010, 03:57 PM
2 pressure sensors. One pre and one post. It's based on a delta P.

killerbee
January 21st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks. Appreciate the input. Are you saying then that 90 g of soot, per the pid, is reflecting the delta P, in some type of equation that accounts for mass flow rate changes (rpm, etc)?

duramaximizer
January 21st, 2010, 04:43 PM
exactly. some delta P = X amount of soot. Calculated Value...nothing is measure in amount of soot.

GMPX
January 21st, 2010, 04:51 PM
I have to say, the DPF winds the IDIOT OF THE YEAR award, as far as I am concerned.Pretty sure GM would agree with you on that.
Did you try to do a manual regen in the DVT's in the Scantool? Just make sure nothing is behind the truck when you do.
I guess we could try to find the 'blocked' threshold, but it's only going to delay the inevitable DTC right?

Cheers,
Ross

killerbee
January 21st, 2010, 05:17 PM
was not aware of that, i will look tomorrow. Thanks.