PDA

View Full Version : LBZ DVT controls

bballer182
January 21st, 2010, 06:06 PM
Has anyone been able to get the turbo vanes to obey the DVT controls? What about the fan speed?

GMPX
January 21st, 2010, 07:53 PM
Oh no, not another Boschism!!

MMLMM
January 21st, 2010, 10:11 PM
I did awhile back before an update. Now they dont do what there told. I have no idea what build (even if it was an update issue for that matter) but it did work awhile ago.

GMPX
January 22nd, 2010, 12:48 AM
That is quite odd, the DVT's haven't been touched since they were implemented.

bballer182
January 22nd, 2010, 03:19 AM
Those are the only two that don't work for me. BTW im running DSP5 dunno if it matters.

MMLMM
January 22nd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Ill play with it again sometime this weekend. Seems like Rail Pressure didnt work for me either, but I didnt really play with it too much as I didnt need to.

oh and I didnt mean to make it sound like an update caused it, It just seemed like it didnt work after I did an update and thats all I could think of at that time.

bballer182
January 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Ill play with it again sometime this weekend. Seems like Rail Pressure didnt work for me either, but I didnt really play with it too much as I didnt need to.

oh and I didnt mean to make it sound like an update caused it, It just seemed like it didnt work after I did an update and thats all I could think of at that time.

See my rail pressure control works fine.... Boschisms.... gotta err love um:angel_innocent:

bballer182
February 9th, 2010, 03:18 AM
bump for Ross

GMPX
February 9th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Sorry mate, too many other critical issues to get sorted first.

bballer182
February 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry mate, too many other critical issues to get sorted first.

:cheers:

giesbrecht
February 14th, 2010, 11:27 AM
The vane position control used to at least initiate a vane position callibration when I would try it, lately I have not been able to get it to do anything at all.

JoshH
February 14th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Has anyone been able to get the turbo vanes to obey the DVT controls? What about the fan speed?
You mean the engine fan? I don't see how EFI can have any control over it. It is a viscous clutch.

boccheballs
February 15th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I could not get the frp to work either.

bballer182
February 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM
You mean the engine fan? I don't see how EFI can have any control over it. It is a viscous clutch.

Nope. It's been discussed before and it is electrically controlled.

bballer182
February 16th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I could not get the frp to work either.

My FRP works just fine. But the vane control is weird, when i command 100% via DVT while logging it is only commanding 40%.

JoshH
February 17th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Nope. It's been discussed before and it is electrically controlled.
If you're talking about the engine fan, your discussion is wrong. There is no electronic control.

bballer182
February 18th, 2010, 03:26 AM
hmm why does mine along with others click on and off at will then? visco clutches are not capable of doing that.

JoshH
February 18th, 2010, 04:23 PM
hmm why does mine along with others click on and off at will then? visco clutches are not capable of doing that.
Well, that's what it is. If you don't believe me, go pull it out of your truck. I promise you, it is viscous. I've had a good look at it more than once. I can even post a picture of it if you don't believe me.

For the record, I thought the same thing for a long time. Even when I was told different by someone who knew, I still wasn't completely convinced until I pulled mine out and saw it for myself. I'm not trying to argue; I'm just trying to set the record straight.

Dozerboy
February 20th, 2010, 05:48 PM
X2 I've had mine out and no wires.

bballer182
February 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I'll be damned... i just look at mine closer and checked the pinouts on the BCM and ECM and no fan. Man i look like a tard now...

JoshH
February 21st, 2010, 12:42 PM
I'll be damned... i just look at mine closer and checked the pinouts on the BCM and ECM and no fan. Man i look like a tard now...Don't worry about it. Like I said, I argued with a guy about it too (I believed the same thing you did), and I still didn't fully believe him until I pulled my engine the first time. I couldn't understand how it seemed to just turn on all of a sudden either.

Dozerboy
February 23rd, 2010, 12:04 PM
X2 GM said at one point they where electrically controlled too. Mine never kicks on other then the morning sickness. I have heard if they are randomly kicking on its a sign that the clutch is going bad, but I don't hear of any full on failures.

bballer182
February 23rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
so i just tried using the DVT controls to adjust the turbo while the wife was driving and that doesn't work either. This DVT thing is really kickin my ass right now.

Good news is though that my truck passed the bottle test, which means i don't need the shim kit, just a lift pump...:hihi:

xmadmax
April 3rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
any luck on getting the vane position dvts worked out?

bballer182
April 3rd, 2010, 05:13 PM
nope

GMPX
April 4th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Can you please just confirm that this was working at some point?
If so any idea what version software it was working on? Just trying to determine if we accidently broke something in the DVT's at some point.

bballer182
April 4th, 2010, 04:46 AM
If so any idea what version software it was working on? Just trying to determine if we accidently broke something in the DVT's at some point.

I cannot confirm that. I may or may not have used that function before, i can't remember. I'll try build 109, which i haven't yet.

Good news Ross, is that the tables u just released for LBZ work. It's just gunna take some time to figure out how they work because some of the tables look like they are being ignored and some are being used. Much greater detail in original thread.

Sorry for the Hijack:)

JoshH
April 7th, 2010, 05:15 AM
I'm fairly certain that I have used the vane control in the DVT tool at one point or another, but it would have been a long time ago (at least 15 months ago, probably more).