PDA

View Full Version : Custom OS 3 and Autotune

kbracing96
November 5th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Ok, so I've been doing a lot of searching and I can't find a defiant answer for this. I'm running COS 3 and using B3647 for my fuel mixture. My question is, since it uses O2's and STFT to get stoich when it is set at 14.63, will that mess up the BEN factor when logging for autotune? Should I set it to command 14.5 so its not in semi open loop or something like that? What am I missing here? There doesn't seem to be any different instructions in the autotune instructions for those of us running the COS's.

Kyle

caver
November 5th, 2005, 08:15 PM
If you look at the sample table it shows 14.70 AFR.
I use this value untill I am done and then change it to 14.63.

kbracing96
November 6th, 2005, 07:07 AM
OK, so 14.7 won't enable semi open loop, but 14.63 will. That's good to know. Maybe there should be a little something about this in the AutoTune write up for us Custom OS guys ;).

BowlingSS
November 6th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Ok, so I've been doing a lot of searching and I can't find a defiant answer for this. I'm running COS 3 and using B3647 for my fuel mixture. My question is, since it uses O2's and STFT to get stoich when it is set at 14.63, will that mess up the BEN factor when logging for autotune? Should I set it to command 14.5 so its not in semi open loop or something like that? What am I missing here? There doesn't seem to be any different instructions in the autotune instructions for those of us running the COS's.

Kyle

I am in the same boat. Right now I am set to 14.63. I am checking my BEN all the time.

Bill

GMPX
November 7th, 2005, 10:59 AM
OK, so 14.7 won't enable semi open loop, but 14.63 will. That's good to know. Maybe there should be a little something about this in the AutoTune write up for us Custom OS guys ;).

It's probably mentioned in one of the docs in only a way a computer programmer / PCM hacker could write it :wink:
So yeah, it might as well not be in there :D

Cheers,
Ross