PDA

View Full Version : Pid question

boccheballs
January 23rd, 2010, 08:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone could let me know how all my pid's became invalid?
I had a selection of 13 pid's i had data logged with several times successfully. Now when i go in the pid folder and click to open it it says pids not valid error code $31 and says the pcm is not sending the info. So i go to the info and try to validate pids and keep getting the error code. I cannot seem to get any of them to work. If i go in on my pc everything works fine, oh and my edge insight monitor is getting all the pid's just fine. It has to be something simple any help would be appreciated.
Brian

boccheballs
January 23rd, 2010, 09:26 PM
Well i stewed on this at work for 12 hours i came home and typed up the above question. Of course now that have typed it up it took about 30 minutes to figure out that somehow it lost my vin and specific info. I filled it in and back to working. Thanks

joecar
January 24th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Hmmm, I wonder how it forgot the vin.

duramaximizer
January 24th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Mine won't log 15 pids it would before also. I didn't lose my VIN, but it did change my engine to the 5.7 gasser rather than the Duramax and I also lost my weight that I had entered for the performance aspect.

joecar
January 24th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I keep losing my vehicle weight too.

boccheballs
January 25th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Mine is doing it again too. Keeps going to 5.7l and 0.000 on the weight.

Blacky
January 25th, 2010, 07:42 AM
You really need to configure a "customer" for your vehicle's VIN. The customer details are used to populate the same details in each log files as you record it. When you load in a previously recorded log file (and a matching customer is not found) the customer details are changed to the details in the log file. If there are no details in the log file then EFILive defaults those details to, well defaults.

Regards
Paul

duramaximizer
January 25th, 2010, 03:36 PM
My
ENGTRQREF_M [2] Engine Torque Reference (Nm)

PID still isn't working is there an update I haven't done yet. V8.1.2 Build 81? Boot Block 2.06.02 Firmware Version 2.06.21

boccheballs
January 25th, 2010, 03:52 PM
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.6.104_Setup.exe
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.1.2.84_Setup.exe

these are the newest ones i think

bballer182
January 25th, 2010, 04:05 PM
My
ENGTRQREF_M [2] Engine Torque Reference (Nm)

PID still isn't working is there an update I haven't done yet. V8.1.2 Build 81? Boot Block 2.06.02 Firmware Version 2.06.21

yeah that build is a month old or so.

http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.6.104_Setup.exe
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.1.2.84_Setup.exe

these are the newest ones i think

yeah i'd try this one.

duramaximizer
January 25th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Getting updated now. Thanks Guys! Hopefully this is easier. :D

On Edit: I think I have this correct, but there is not a boot block upgrade since 2.06.02 on Oct 16, 2008?

boccheballs
January 25th, 2010, 04:12 PM
you really need to configure a "customer" for your vehicle's vin. The customer details are used to populate the same details in each log files as you record it. When you load in a previously recorded log file (and a matching customer is not found) the customer details are changed to the details in the log file. If there are no details in the log file then efilive defaults those details to, well defaults.

Regards
paul

thank you very much that should make things much easier

brian

mr.prick
January 25th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I just noticed the engine size won't save,
everything else is fine. :confused:

duramaximizer
January 25th, 2010, 04:48 PM
For an LMM 6sp 07,08 Allison is that officially renamed A50 rather than A6? Just wanting to make sure that the 09 Allison computer is not recognized any different than the LBZ LMM Allison.

What is/was the difference here? I am also wondering why you stated in the previous thread that the LMM's could handle 28 channels and the thing only shows 24? I configured my menu item properties, and now have 42 per module? I am rather confused. Not trying to ask 10,000 questions. Just trying to understand. :thankyou2:

joecar
January 25th, 2010, 07:23 PM
On Edit: I think I have this correct, but there is not a boot block upgrade since 2.06.02 on Oct 16, 2008?No, once Paul got the bootblock code correct it hasn't changed since.

boccheballs
January 26th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Changes in this update:

1. Added PIDs TRQ_FACT_M and TRQLIMACT_M to LBZ/LMM black box logging.
2. Fixed problem that caused the read and reflash windows to be jammed into the top left corner of the screen.
3. Fixed problem with blank white screen being displayed when a tune file was loaded.
4. Fixed LLY "DTCFRZ PID not found" error when data logging immediately after saving freeze frame data.

Known issues with this update:

1. Sometimes when exiting the V7 Tuning Tool software, one or more error dialogs will be displayed. If you can reliably reproduce that error, please post the steps required to reproduce it.
2. The "What's new in this release" link on the installation screen links to the current version of "what's new". It does not link to this release's "what's new info". This release's "what's new info" is available in the pdf document referred to above. When this release goes live the link will be updated.

bballer182
January 26th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Changes in this update:

2. Fixed problem that caused the read and reflash windows to be jammed into the top left corner of the screen.
3. Fixed problem with blank white screen being displayed when a tune file was loaded.
4. Fixed LLY "DTCFRZ PID not found" error when data logging immediately after saving freeze frame data.

Known issues with this update:

1. Sometimes when exiting the V7 Tuning Tool software, one or more error dialogs will be displayed. If you can reliably reproduce that error, please post the steps required to reproduce it.
2. The "What's new in this release" link on the installation screen links to the current version of "what's new". It does not link to this release's "what's new info". This release's "what's new info" is available in the pdf document referred to above. When this release goes live the link will be updated.

update taken directly from the update pdf file that is highly recommended to be read every time you update

boccheballs
January 26th, 2010, 02:33 AM
i just noticed the engine size won't save,
everything else is fine. :confused:

same thing here. Everything but the engine!

Blacky
January 26th, 2010, 07:43 AM
same thing here. Everything but the engine!

Looking into it. Something is incorrectly resetting the engine size...

Regards
Paul

duramaximizer
January 27th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Changes in this update:

These PIDs are not working for me.

bballer182
January 27th, 2010, 03:09 PM
These PIDs are not working for me.

confirmed, but the TRQ_FACT work for me.

TRQLIMACT_M is the one that doesn't work. ERROR $0001