PDA

View Full Version : BBL Error 0281

LS2_307
January 25th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Cant get past this error?

I believe i have done everything listed in this forum to set it up but still no luck.

E38 PCM on a VE HSV commodore 2007

ScarabEpic22
January 25th, 2010, 08:19 AM
What firmware are you using? Update to the latest beta software (7.5.6 build 104 and 8.1.2 build 84 plus firmware 2.06.24) and report back!

Im not on my computer (school computer) so I dont have EFILive installed, whats that error message? Have you setup the PIDs you want to log and programmed them to your V2 using EFILive Scan & Tune?

Blacky
January 25th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Cant get past this error?

I believe i have done everything listed in this forum to set it up but still no luck.

E38 PCM on a VE HSV commodore 2007

Is the ignition turned to the "run" position?

Does FlashScan power up when connected just to the vehicle?

When does that error occur - i.e. what are you attempting to do when you get 0281?

Do you see a "CAN 02" message in the lwer right corner of the FlashScan display?

Regards
Paul

LS2_307
January 27th, 2010, 01:47 AM
What firmware are you using? Update to the latest beta software (7.5.6 build 104 and 8.1.2 build 84 plus firmware 2.06.24) and report back!

Im not on my computer (school computer) so I dont have EFILive installed, whats that error message? Have you setup the PIDs you want to log and programmed them to your V2 using EFILive Scan & Tune?

Have updated to this software.
error is "no data received"
Have setup the pids in V2

Is the ignition turned to the "run" position? Yes

Does FlashScan power up when connected just to the vehicle? Yes

When does that error occur - i.e. what are you attempting to do when you get 0281? when I go to data logging and select record data

Do you see a "CAN 02" message in the lwer right corner of the FlashScan display?
I see CAN 01

Regards
Paul

It records ok using the laptop

Still trying and thanks for the prompt replies

(beginner) 50yrs young.... :help2:

Blacky
January 27th, 2010, 02:30 PM
After you get the error, select the option:
F2: Scan Tool -> F3: Scan Options -> F1: Save Trace File.
Then using EFILive Explorer, copy the saved trace file to your PC and email (as an attachment) it to me at paul@efilive.com

Thanks
Paul

LS2_307
January 28th, 2010, 01:10 AM
After you get the error, select the option:
F2: Scan Tool -> F3: Scan Options -> F1: Save Trace File.
Then using EFILive Explorer, copy the saved trace file to your PC and email (as an attachment) it to me at paul@efilive.com

Thanks
Paul

Done