PDA

View Full Version : new to efi and dsp5

516rider
January 25th, 2010, 06:54 AM
hi i am going to be instaling the dsp5 in my 04 lly duramax. i wnt to have a smoke and lope tune for show. my question is wht is efi and how many options can i have on one tune. my goal is on the dsp5 to have #1 stock, #2 60hp with smoke and lope #3 100 hp #4 150hp and #5 200 hp. any sugestions. i am a huge fane of smoke and the lope tune

Brian1
January 25th, 2010, 12:45 PM
DSP5 is a special tune. The base tune is the complete tune with all tables. Now the additional 4 are only a couple dozen tables that are alter off the base tune. It is not 5 totally completely different tunes. The additional tunes replace the only few tables the software and OS version allows. There are many tables that can be altered to achieve about anything it can be possible. Your more than welcome to download the EFILIve 7.5 software and run it in Demo mode. I do not think you can play with DSP5 with it though I could be wrong. Then on www.dieselplace.com is a tune library where you can download some tunes to open and look at. There is lots of EFILive info on that site as well as here too. But for tuning vehicle specific that be a better place. Here is more hardware itself related. No tune writing on here but some help out if they can. Also on the EFILive website there are some docs and one of DSP2 and DSP5 setup for LB7 and LLY which once you see the software the doc file on DSP will make more sense as to know what your looking at. I you do not have the Flashscan yet i suggest looking at the tuning venders on the dieselplace website. Talk with them and see if they will provide a tune or two free with purchase of the EFILIve Flashscan software through them.

Brian

516rider
January 25th, 2010, 01:25 PM
ok. i havent gottwen to instaling the dsp5 just yet. the money isnt there how would i get a demo of efi live on the truck or do i have to wait till i tap the ecm

ScarabEpic22
January 25th, 2010, 04:03 PM
You cannot demo DSP on your truck, have to buy a license and flash it. You can demo the software however and look at LB7/LLY DSPx tunes (need a V2 cable plugged in to upgrade an LBZ/LMM to DSPx).

Brian1
January 26th, 2010, 02:41 AM
You do not demo on the truck. You only load the software on the computer and can look at tunes and so forth. That is all you can do till you purchase the hardware to actually flash the tune to the truck. Goto the EFILive website and you can download the V7.5 software. The V8 software is on no use at all without the Flashscan V2 hardware. V8 has no tuning support at this time.

Do you have a Flashscan V1 or V2 already?
Do you have the DSP5 switch already?

If you have neither and needing the hardware then I suggest a tuner that sells the hardware as well. They help you get going with a tune or two for the ones that do that. If the EFILive is too much for you at this time to purchase look at a pretuned ECM and DSP5 switch from some of these tuners as well. I have only dealt with Nick from Duramaxtuner but there are many others. Check out the EFILIve section over at some of the diesel forums like www.dieselplace.com to learn more about DSP5 and EFILIve on the Duramax platform.

Brian

Brian1
January 26th, 2010, 02:43 AM
You cannot demo DSP on your truck, have to buy a license and flash it. You can demo the software however and look at LB7/LLY DSPx tunes (need a V2 cable plugged in to upgrade an LBZ/LMM to DSPx).

I can upgrade standard tunes to DSP5 or DSP2 without the Flashscan V2 plugged in for a while. Been able to do that since they released the public beta. The private beta required it plugged in. But it may still be limited to not available in non registered demo mode though. Not sure on that.

Brian

ScarabEpic22
January 26th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I can upgrade standard tunes to DSP5 or DSP2 without the Flashscan V2 plugged in for a while. Been able to do that since they released the public beta. The private beta required it plugged in. But it may still be limited to not available in non registered demo mode though. Not sure on that.

Brian

For LBZ/LMM tunes too? Know the LLY/LB7s have done that for years, thought the LBZ/LMMs were being kept under wraps.

I hadnt checked since the beta was released, you are correct. Now you can see the LBZ/LMM DSPx tunes without a cable plugged in.