PDA

View Full Version : no oil presure PID

Eric
January 26th, 2010, 11:45 AM
hi eric here , just wondering why i am able to select the engine oil presure sensor voltage PID but i get no reading no data , shouldnt i be able to log the engine oil presure , the gauge in my dash is working fine , my truck is a 2000 silverado 4x4 , anybody know about this , thank you

Eric
January 26th, 2010, 12:16 PM
hi eric here , i have been looking around to answer my own question and i think i have found something , my presure sensor probably feeds my IPC and i have no idea about what it stands for but it probably means my dash gauges or something like that , meaning the the sensor is not feeding the pcm , am i correct or can i make this work with efi or will i have to log througth an analog input of V2 and why am i able to select the engine oil presure sensor voltage PID but get no data when logging , thank you

joecar
January 26th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Hi Eric,

If you have a Y-car, then that pid may provide data when logging (oil pressure sensor feeds PCM/ECM).

If you have a F-car, then that pid will not provide any data (oil pressure sensor feeds IPC and not PCM).

Eric
January 27th, 2010, 11:49 AM
thank you joecar , i have a 2000 silverado pickup truck is this y-car or f-car or is it completely something different , would these terms represent a vette or camaro and last how do i know , thank you

joecar
January 27th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Yes, Y-car is Vette, F-car is Camaro...

2000 Silverado C/K truck, the schematic shows the EOPS sensor feeds the IPC directly.

johnv
January 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM
anyone got a calc pid to convert voltage output to PSI or KPA.

This used to be there on early versions of EFi.

Eric
January 28th, 2010, 04:41 AM
eric here , one more question , why can i select the oil presure sensor voltage as a PID but i get no voltage , shouldnt the PID not be availible , i will go back and see , if i am not mistaken it lets me select it but when in the data, tab i get a NA meaning not availible , i imagine i can piggy back on the sensors voltage to feed an analoge input on my V2 , is this correct , thank you joecar

Sid447
January 30th, 2010, 04:09 AM

Agree on that sentiment,

I used to be able to log oil pressure with an older version. Where'd it go!

mr.prick
January 30th, 2010, 04:46 AM
http://forum.efilive.com/showpost.php?p=66084&postcount=13

Sid447
January 30th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Hello Mr Prick!

Somone else I noticed has your old avatar! (LS1tech I think).
:)

mr.prick
January 30th, 2010, 04:57 AM

custom pid for GM.ENGOILP ...inside... sticky info (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12586&highlight=GM.EOPS):nixweiss: