PDA

View Full Version : 4L60E, Yank 3600 Stall, 3.42 gears TCC Apply/Release

1fastgto
January 26th, 2010, 04:01 PM
OK Does anyone have TCC calibrations for a 3600 stall with 3.42 gears? I have been going crazy with lock up and release, I get a wicked shutter at part or light throttle above 45 if the converter stays locked, I have tried all sorts of combinations and I cant seem to perfect it. This tune almost eliminates it but riding around not locked up while cruising around 45-50 kills the milage. If it cant be done with this big of a converter thats fine, Im just trying! I could use some help. Could anyone take a look? heres the tune and the latest log. This is a 2002 SS Camaro with Fast 90 and 90mm 215 Trickflow heads small cam and RPM Level V Trans.

Thanks!

jfpilla
January 26th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Suggest you change D2801 to no.
Yes, causes it to try and lock up right at each shift. Could be the cause of shudder.

drdarthinvader
January 26th, 2010, 11:47 PM
i installed a precision ind 2300 vig converter, using the existing stock settings found that locking up the converter after 3rd gear would also cause a shudder. the lock up clutch on those converters have a large surface area nearly 50% increase.
so i deleted the lock up stage between 3 and 4th gear only applying the lock up after 4th . i haven't tried to rectify the problem maybe applying higher tcc pressures might get a little boggy but give it a go pay no attention to the speed in mph i used these settings in kph you can convert it over afterwards through efi .:grin:

jfpilla
January 27th, 2010, 02:58 AM
I also found locking in 3rd caused issues. Suggest you set all in D2001 to 256.
Also, do one thing at a time. But do set to NO and keep 3rd unlocked.
The attached worksheet should help keep everything in line. The values are not what I have programmed, but may be closer to what you need than mine would be.
I forget who put this worksheet up, but it has been very useful.

1fastgto
January 27th, 2010, 04:06 AM
I also found locking in 3rd caused issues. Suggest you set all in D2001 to 256.
Also, do one thing at a time. But do set to NO and keep 3rd unlocked.
The attached worksheet should help keep everything in line. The values are not what I have programmed, but may be closer to what you need than mine would be.
I forget who put this worksheet up, but it has been very useful.

Thanks! I did set to "no" and it was fine untill I was going about 55-58 on the highway and tried to accelerate with light throttle. So I have seemed to move it up in MPH but still not eliminated it. I will work with this spreadsheet, is it in MPH or KPH? Thanks again!

jfpilla
January 27th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Thanks! I did set to "no" and it was fine untill I was going about 55-58 on the highway and tried to accelerate with light throttle. So I have seemed to move it up in MPH but still not eliminated it. I will work with this spreadsheet, is it in MPH or KPH? Thanks again!

It's MPH.
You shouldn't have a "bogging" issue at that speed. You may have eliminated chatter from it locking in 3rd and it didn't really moved up in speed.
So why chatter at all?

jfpilla
January 27th, 2010, 06:07 AM
The tables in the workbook were what I had for my previous engine. It was an LS1 with an f13 cam. It locked at 40 mph. It would seem that there is something other than the TC or transmision settings causing the chatter. Once you're locked, shift or lock settings should not matter. Something bent in the converter or something loose. Maybe someone knows what in a tune would do it.

1fastgto
January 27th, 2010, 06:33 AM
The tables in the workbook were what I had for my previous engine. It was an LS1 with an f13 cam. It locked at 40 mph. It would seem that there is something other than the TC or transmision settings causing the chatter. Once you're locked, shift or lock settings should not matter. Something bent in the converter or something loose. Maybe someone knows what in a tune would do it.

The jury is still out on the Converter being messed up but I can tell you it only does it if its locked in 4th and it halfway tries to come out and either downshift and or unlock, but it never unlocks untill i really get on it. Once it does it unless I let off and give it more gas than I started or really get on it, it will continue for at least 15 to 20 MPH. Its killing my inner child!!!!!!!!!!

1fastgto
January 27th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Here I made a video of what it does today. this was with about 10% to 15% throttle just trying to accelerate easily. you can hear it right at the begining of the video as I gave it too much and it only did it for a second, but then I do it again and it just stays locked!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z152/bjschubert/Camaro%20SS/th_IMG_0987.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z152/bjschubert/Camaro%20SS/?action=view&current=IMG_0987.flv)

LS1_Dragster
January 27th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Here's mine for my vigilante. I'm completely satisfied with my shifting, TCC everything. It took me a long time to get there! It's been my experience though, that what works for me doesn't for for others but in any case give it a try...

Lee

BTW, I swapped out the computer to a 0411 with custom OS.

jfpilla
January 28th, 2010, 04:54 AM
After watching the video, it seems like you have a lock unlock problem and not chatter. If that's so, try replacing the "3" 256 values with appropriate values. The 12.5 % TP 256 may be a problem.
You know you can copy and paste from EFI to the worksheet.

1fastgto
January 28th, 2010, 06:51 AM
After watching the video, it seems like you have a lock unlock problem and not chatter. If that's so, try replacing the "3" 256 values with appropriate values. The 12.5 % TP 256 may be a problem.
You know you can copy and paste from EFI to the worksheet.

OK so I am looking into that, but what about changing the 4<3 downshift? I have 3rd not locked till 25% TPS, what do you think about that? I am really wanting 4th locked for at least some milage, but when I give it some TPS for light acceleration such as going up a hill or holding speed on a hill. Just throwing it out there for some discussion. I am about over the trans program!

LS1_Dragster
January 28th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Have you tried mine yet?

1fastgto
January 28th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Have you tried mine yet?

Not yet, I was going to try later today.

jfpilla
January 28th, 2010, 08:14 AM
OK so I am looking into that, but what about changing the 4<3 downshift? I have 3rd not locked till 25% TPS, what do you think about that? I am really wanting 4th locked for at least some milage, but when I give it some TPS for light acceleration such as going up a hill or holding speed on a hill. Just throwing it out there for some discussion. I am about over the trans program!

What I suggest is:
-Eliminate 3rd gear lockup. With a loose converter it will give you fits trying to work on your problem. In my opinion and the experience of many, 3rd lockup with a loose converter does not work well. When the 3rd to 4th shift occurs it drops out of lockup and the RPMs jump up. It feels like you've gone to a lower gear. You can go back to it, but for now work on one thing at a time.
-Copy and paste the values from the worksheet to your tune. We know they work with the same gears and converter as yours.
-If it all works out you can customize the trans to to your liking.

LS1_Dragster
January 28th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I also have my firebird with a 3500 stall and a 4L80E that works like a dream. I even have lockup in 2nd, 3rd and of course 4th. With it so loose I lock it in 2nd just so it doesn't sound like I'm trying to race the guy next me at every light. If you want to look at it I will upload it.

Lee

1fastgto
January 29th, 2010, 01:05 AM
I also have my firebird with a 3500 stall and a 4L80E that works like a dream. I even have lockup in 2nd, 3rd and of course 4th. With it so loose I lock it in 2nd just so it doesn't sound like I'm trying to race the guy next me at every light. If you want to look at it I will upload it.

Lee

Thanks Lee would love to see it too. I think the problem is my converter is pretty damn tight, I didnt get too much time to mess with it yesterdad and it supposed to rain here today and tomorrow so I will try to mess with it some more this weekend at some point.

LS1_Dragster
January 29th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the tune where I lock it in 2nd, I've upgraded to windows 7 and I havent installed EFILive yet so I cant check.

What I found that stopped my Vigilante from shuttering was TCC pressures, now when it locks it feels like a shift. Plus getting the up/down shifts to sync with the converter lock/unlock was the trick for making it enjoyable to drive.

Lee

LS1_Dragster
January 29th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I was just looking at your tune and the TCC Solenoid values in my opinion is whats causing or at least attributing to your shudder. If nothing else copy my values for D2905, D2904 and D2903 and see what that does.

Lee

DrkPhx
January 29th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I also recommend eliminating 3rd gear lock up for now to see if that eliminates the problem. I would lower the 4th gear lockup mph values. Your 4th Gear lockup mph values are crazy high between 18.75%-37.50%. I run a Circle D 5C and it locks much lower than that without problems.

1fastgto
February 1st, 2010, 05:00 AM
I was just looking at your tune and the TCC Solenoid values in my opinion is whats causing or at least attributing to your shudder. If nothing else copy my values for D2905, D2904 and D2903 and see what that does.

Lee

Lee,
I did this and it made a world of differance i rarely got the lock up issue. I had to try and make it do it. I am trying your shift points and TCC lock up settings today to see how it likes it. Thanks! I think we are finally going in the right direction!