PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 stuck on hot tune

smitty91
January 26th, 2010, 05:50 PM
So the other day I installed a dsp5 switch on my 06 lbz. I followed the efi live dsp install pdf. and did everything it said. I have the latest version of firmware, took my stock tune and converted it to dsp5 and did a full flash, put the hot and ground pins into the marked areas on the ecm connector, then uploaded my new hot tunes with a calibration flash. So my problems is that the truck is stuck on the highest horsepower tune no matter what position the switch is on. I am lost on what the problem could be. I got the tunes from nick at duramaxtuner and talked to him personally and he checked them over and said that they are all good. I know the flash sounds like it worked because at least one of the five tunes is working. But, I did have to lengthen the harness because I mounted the switch overhead so I cut the hot and ground wires and soldered in some extra wire between both, but i don't know if that could be the problem. I know there is some way to check the pids or something on the scanner which can tell you if the switch is working and how much voltage is going to each tune? However im not sure how to do this but if somebody could walk me through it i'm sure it would help alot. Sorry I'm just kind of new to EFI live. Thanks alot.

boccheballs
January 27th, 2010, 01:41 AM
You need to data log e35dsp5v dma and e35dsp5 dma. What engine are you working with?

boccheballs
January 27th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Sorry for the short explanation i have to to work in 15 minutes. While data logging you will be able to switch between tunes and it will show depending on how you have it set up. On the base tune i believe it will say non dsp the 1 2 3 4. Also the voltage pid will show the different voltage being sent. That will let you know if the switch is working to start.

bballer182
January 27th, 2010, 03:22 AM
So the other day I installed a dsp5 switch on my 06 lbz. I followed the efi live dsp install pdf. and did everything it said. I have the latest version of firmware, took my stock tune and converted it to dsp5 and did a full flash, put the hot and ground pins into the marked areas on the ecm connector, then uploaded my new hot tunes with a calibration flash. So my problems is that the truck is stuck on the highest horsepower tune no matter what position the switch is on. I am lost on what the problem could be. I got the tunes from nick at duramaxtuner and talked to him personally and he checked them over and said that they are all good. I know the flash sounds like it worked because at least one of the five tunes is working. But, I did have to lengthen the harness because I mounted the switch overhead so I cut the hot and ground wires and soldered in some extra wire between both, but i don't know if that could be the problem. I know there is some way to check the pids or something on the scanner which can tell you if the switch is working and how much voltage is going to each tune? However im not sure how to do this but if somebody could walk me through it i'm sure it would help alot. Sorry I'm just kind of new to EFI live. Thanks alot.

your problem might be highlighted in red. try doing a full flash with the whole DSP .tun.

more than likely though you probably just have a pin that is not seated all the way. Or have a pin in the wrong position.

smitty91
January 27th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Okay thank you I will try to reseat the pins and report back

GMPX
January 27th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Best bet before pulling everything apart again is to do as boccheballs suggested, log the PID's in the scantool that show the selected switch position. That will at least tell you if the switch is working (or wired up right).

MMLMM
January 27th, 2010, 02:45 PM
and there is no hot or ground wire on the switch. It doesnt matter which pin goes in which hole.

I bet its not seated all the way. The LBZ/LMM pins feel like they go in a long way and stop, but then if you try a little more, they will go in even further, and "click"

smitty91
January 27th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Okay well I forgot to mention that when I was pushing one of the pins in it broke, so I cut it off and just used a pin from an o2 sensor off of my 2000 1500 truck and as the idiot that I am, I thought that it would be the same thing. I'm pretty sure that has to be the problem because I just pulled both pins and the truck is performing the same way. I ordered some more pins and they will be here friday. I hope thats the problem. Thanks again for everyones imput