PDA

View Full Version : LMM 12628594 calz update

GMPX
January 27th, 2010, 06:02 PM
This is not an 'official' release, it's for those who've been involved in THIS (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12882) thread or want to play around with some new tables.

New tables are for Fuel Pressure modifiers and turbo P.I.D control.

Extract the zip file in to :
Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35

New calz info should show as V7.25, January 27, 2010

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
January 27th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Zip includes the DSP versions of this OS too.

bballer182
January 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM
So B2252-B2254 changes the way the P, I, and D components work based on MM3 and RPM? weird...

Is this just a LMM thing or do those boost P.I.D. controllers exist in the LBZ too?

took a look at the pressure issue that guy was having and the multipliers and modifiers didnt change the pressure really at all. it looks like he is really running in the high alt tables

GMPX
January 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I've not looked at the LBZ yet, but I'd say they will be in there, maybe not exactly the same, lets see if they are useful first.

On the pressure issue, I'm at a loss, I am 99.9% it's all correct in the tune tool, but I noticed those multipliers really do little once the engine is up to temp.
This 'error' if it is will be in all the DSP tables too as they use those base tables too.

Cheers,
Ross

bballer182
January 28th, 2010, 03:21 AM
I've not looked at the LBZ yet, but I'd say they will be in there, maybe not exactly the same, lets see if they are useful first.

On the pressure issue, I'm at a loss, I am 99.9% it's all correct in the tune tool, but I noticed those multipliers really do little once the engine is up to temp.
This 'error' if it is will be in all the DSP tables too as they use those base tables too.

Cheers,
Ross

Wish i had an LMM to test on so i/we could do the testing like we did on the vane tables for the LBZ way back...

duramaximizer
January 28th, 2010, 03:58 AM
I think I will go out and do some logging and see what I can come up with on how far it may or may not be off.

I just wish I had a big burtha CP3 that was giving me problems regulating. :)

bballer182
January 28th, 2010, 02:15 PM
For those of you who are going to be logging I have updated the cal_link.txt file so your logs will give you good data. It includes ALL new tables just released.

duramaximizer
January 28th, 2010, 05:07 PM
I am sorry to be stupid, but I have to know where exactly this has to be saved to.

I think I found it ...... 7.5 /configuration?

mr.prick
January 28th, 2010, 05:39 PM
This is not an 'official' release, it's for those who've been involved in THIS (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12882) thread or want to play around with some new tables.

New tables are for Fuel Pressure modifiers and turbo P.I.D control.

Extract the zip file in to :
Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35

New calz info should show as V7.25, January 27, 2010

Cheers,
Ross
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E35

duramaximizer
January 28th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I was talking about the cal link.txt.

Anyway, after checking this out further, I am still convinced that the high and low needs to be switched.

According to what I know.:doh2:

{base+(ectt x etcm) +(iatt x iatm) + (ftt x ftm)} (barom)=commanded MPa

Where ect is eng coolant temp table and etcm is engine coolant temp modifier
etc etc for intake air temp; fuel temp table; and baro is an actual sensored number for the multipier.

According to this log command MPa is 30+-.

High Altitude

{30+(15 x 0)+ (0X0)+(0X0)} 1=30

Medium Altitude

{55+(15 x 0)+ (0X0)+(0X0)} 0=0

Low Altitude

{60+(15 x 0)+ (0X0)+(0X0)} 0=0

Only 1 solves my equation, if my equation is correct.

killerbee
January 31st, 2010, 03:15 AM
Adam

I struggled with those FP tables as you have, but my suspicion is that the rpm scaling is wrong. I have mentioned my concern several times.

Did you test your suspicion by zeroing the high tables, and relogging?

I believe that 200 and 300 rpm, on the FP table, should be 600 and 800.

bballer182
January 31st, 2010, 06:50 AM
Yeah do a test tune like i had to do with the vane tables on the LBZ. make your high-80 med-60 low-40 which will give you a good spread to either prove or disprove your theory.

GMPX
January 31st, 2010, 11:54 AM
I struggled with those FP tables as you have, but my suspicion is that the rpm scaling is wrong. I have mentioned my concern several times.

Did you test your suspicion by zeroing the high tables, and relogging?

I believe that 200 and 300 rpm, on the FP table, should be 600 and 800.
Michael, you are correct, I am not sure why, but those RPM values shown in the LMM FP tables are not correct, the RPM breakpoints are far more spread than that, I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Cheers,
Ross

duramaximizer
February 1st, 2010, 05:19 AM
I may try it today if I get time.

duramaximizer
February 1st, 2010, 06:35 AM
Well I think you guys maybe right.

killerbee
February 1st, 2010, 10:00 AM
I finally caught Ross on a good day. Maybe I will finally get to see what my (highly experimental :) ) fuel curve actually looks like.

duramaximizer
February 1st, 2010, 03:48 PM
So what do you think the increments are?

killerbee
February 1st, 2010, 05:33 PM
It would be a lawn dart assessment. But I think 200 and 300 are actually 600 and 800.

duramaximizer
February 2nd, 2010, 01:56 AM
That is looking about right to me also. I never thought about that. Did you look at my log?

killerbee
February 2nd, 2010, 02:05 AM
I did. The truck looks like it is in park with no load on it. You won't get any real data this way. JMO.

bballer182
February 3rd, 2010, 03:39 PM

Cheers,
Ross

Any chance of getting an OS in the LBZ to play with this? Either 6128 or 6698 would probably be the best.

duramaximizer
February 3rd, 2010, 05:22 PM
I did. The truck looks like it is in park with no load on it. You won't get any real data this way. JMO.

It didn't matter it was the same either way that was just an easier log. Tomarrow I may see if setting the table to 0 will make a no start condition. :doh2: