PDA

View Full Version : ? Converting dsp5 back to single tune

boccheballs
January 28th, 2010, 06:07 AM
I was wondering how hard it would be for me to take the dsp5 format file and convert it back to 5 single tunes? I would like to do this so that i can compare 2 of them and use them as sort of a training tool for myself to see similarities and the differences between certain tunes. I have never built a tune but want to learn more and figure this would be a good way to start. As i understand it i would start with a copy of my stock tune and somehow paste the changes on it and save it as a name then go to the next one and do the same. Am i on the right track?
I HAVE 1. STOCK W/MINOR CHANGES 2. 50HP TOW W/BRAKE 3. 80HP DD 4.100HP WARM AND 5. 130HP WARMER.

Brian

Brian1
January 28th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Cannot take a tune back to a single tune. Once DSP5 conversion is applied to the tune it cannot be be changed back.

I guess if you had the orginal base tune you can then take the tables out of each DSP section and put them in the base tune. But you will need the base tune that was never converted to DSP5. I am not sure if you can compare the stock tune to the DSP5 tune but if you can then script it and not copy the DSP5 changes to the stock tune you have the base tune. Then you can copy the tables out of the DSP 1- 4 to generate the 5 different tunes.

Brian

duramaximizer
January 28th, 2010, 10:12 AM
All you have to do is load the stock tune in the truck with the stock OS and do a Full Reflash. It's not that hard and yes it can be done.

bballer182
January 28th, 2010, 12:48 PM
It won't be a complete tune as DSP folders 1-4 aren't anyways and only contain the 15 most important tables that make up a tune. But take a stock tune and copy the tables out of the DSP tune back into the stock tune to re-create the tune before it was loaded into the DSP OS. no flashing is necessary to re-make a tune out of a DSP tune.

boccheballs
January 28th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah i have copies of the stock tune and copies of the dsp5 file. The actual base tune in the dsp format is the stock tune but has the timing cleaned up and a couple other changes. And then of course 1-4 are just a few changes to that tune. Would it be worth my time to try to use that as a learning tool to see the differences between tunes. I have a couple of ppe tunes also to compare with.

boccheballs
January 28th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Also i have seen a tutorial on video how to run scripts and was wondering if there are any others i could learn some of the tuning procedures from. Something i could watch or read.

Thanks brian

boccheballs
January 29th, 2010, 08:22 AM
OK I'M WONDERING IF THIS IS GOING TO WORK FOR THE ABOVE QUESTION.... I LOADED A COPY OF MY STOCK TUNE AND THEN LOADED A COPY OF THE DSP5 FILE. I RAN A SCRIPT AND SAVED AS A PRACTICE ONLY FILE. I THEN COMPARED THE STOCK TO THE NEWLEY NAMED FILE (PRACTICE ONLY) AND THE ONLY DIFFERENCES WHERE: Comparison summary: 12:17:55 pm, Friday Jan 29, 2010

Calibration comparison between PRACTICE DSP5_Copy of Copy of STOCK TUNE2_0000.tun and DSP 5 tuning 20-50-80-100-130.tun.
*Values that differ by more than 0.100000% are considered different.

C6001 "DTC Enables" N/A "Different from row 110 to row 110 inclusive."

DID IT JUST COPY THE BASE TUNE (WHICH IS A CLEANED UP VERSION OF THE STOCK TUNE)?