PDA

View Full Version : 2kSilverado, Getting started, Need resources.

acomp917
January 29th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Third post, NEW here. :nuke:

I have done quite a lot of aftermarket real-time tuning. All closed systems, except Megasquirt.

I'm planning on learning EFI live by logging/tuning my stock daily driver(GASP!). It is a 2000 silverado w/ 5.3l,

Basic ideas below, are they sound?:
1- I think that makes it a LM-7... ?
2- I plan to go the MAF only, adjust the IFR, then go map only, auto VE, then connect both again and run closed loop(seems like the simple direct route).
3- Will perfect that tuned stock system for a while(also my methods).

Bigger Problem I would then like to flash a COS(learning and getting ready to turbo/LSx my old "97" fbody). My problem is that I haven't found ANY resources that will cross year/model PCM numbers and then cross to COS's. I have read a LOT and can't figure out what years/models/PCM#'s/internal flash #(whatever it's called)/memory amount/ and generation are used for custom applications. I basically only know about the (E40) and (e38) reluctors and other electrical requirements(schematic stuff).

Can anyone run a sanity check on my ideas? and/or Provide me with a source for the cross reference that I need(like the OLD!!! ludis pages).

Thanks in advance for any help,
S

acomp917
January 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM
OK, I'll just post to myself.

Here's what I am going to try to do. I was just taught (thank you Mr.Prick) about how to disable 2nd o2's, EGR, and AIR and how to use a script to do that. I believe that is the very beginning. I'm going to keep track of ALL of the PDF's, scripts, suggestions, and everything else in different directories. As I proceed, I will categorize it all with the gained knowledge.

If I ever put it all together, I will try to make a TRUE beginners guide. Finding, realizing the relevance of, and remembering what a beginner reads in these forms is nearly impossible(I'm not really a beginner).

Any and ALL help will be appreciated.
S

acomp917
January 29th, 2010, 05:25 PM
I found a good source of information on PCM service numbers based on year