PDA

View Full Version : bootloader rejected

relentless addiction
January 30th, 2010, 07:10 AM
:bad:i have tried using alt keys and high speed to no avail. the circuit for the dlc and cig lighters had to be replaced, circuit was shorting and the customer took it to a dealer to have that problem fixed. after that i installed the dsp5 switch into the j3 ecm conn and go to do my full reflash and it will say i need a unlock key, then the ecm goes to an unknown state, then to a no crank/no start situation. then which i unhook the batterys for a bit then it will start fine.

please help i hate to have machine/computer out smart me...:bad:

thanks RA

its an 05 lly ext cab shortbed with aftermarket cd player

Trippin
January 31st, 2010, 09:25 AM
:bad:i have tried using alt keys and high speed to no avail. the circuit for the dlc and cig lighters had to be replaced, circuit was shorting and the customer took it to a dealer to have that problem fixed. after that i installed the dsp5 switch into the j3 ecm conn and go to do my full reflash and it will say i need a unlock key, then the ecm goes to an unknown state, then to a no crank/no start situation. then which i unhook the batterys for a bit then it will start fine.

please help i hate to have machine/computer out smart me...:bad:

thanks RA

its an 05 lly ext cab shortbed with aftermarket cd player

Pull the "radio" and "info" fuse under the hood before flashing. 05's are quirky.

Guy

relentless addiction
February 2nd, 2010, 08:09 AM
thank you appreciate your input.

luke
March 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM
i have the same problem, but i've taken out the fuses and still cant get it to take. It's my buddies truck and now it's just a yard orniment! I Hate lly's!

relentless addiction
March 29th, 2010, 08:26 AM
try removing both the info and radio fuses. that should help the problem. so far this has fixed the problem for me twice.

luke
March 29th, 2010, 12:15 PM
thanks for the input, I ended up disconnecting the keyless entry, alarm, all the other million things he had on there, pulling the fuses and an hour more of tryin to get it! haha

JeromeGTO5.7
March 29th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Ha! we had one customers truck that we had to pull the dash apart and pull every fuse in every wiring harness for the alarm system, built in radar detector, keyless entry aftermarket radio and all that jazz before it would flash. It was a mess.

GMPX
March 29th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Just want to add to this, we tested reflashing on a stock LLY without pulling fuses and it worked fine. The problems usually turn out to be after market devices that are on the communications bus.
I recall Emailing one of the iPod adaptor companies stating that their device did not respond to the silence communications command, to which the reply was, we know and we aren't going to fix it. :shock:
So, get used to pulling fuses I would say.

luke
March 29th, 2010, 04:36 PM
I am in no way blaming efi live! I fully know it was all the gadgets this truck has on it. It just took forever to track down every last wire on it! At least I put a dsp 5 on it this time so maybe i wont have to mess with it for a while! haha

Nemo
April 4th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Try flashing the truck after you drive for a few minutes... I have a full aftermarket system, and a bunch of electronic goodies, I can leave all the fuses plugged in.(I use to have the problem you guys are having)

vortecfcar
May 25th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Would you guys (Ross and Paul) mind putting an information blurb about pulling fuses and turning off all electronic devices when the bootloader rejected message comes up. The amount of calls I get from '05 LLY owners with this problem is significant (like half of my LLY sales).

It would be much appreciated.

Nick

Trippin
May 25th, 2010, 03:34 AM
1/2 would make sense, being as they were either 2004.5 or 2005. :hihi:

Seems to be vehicle specific, never happens on the bench.

Perhaps something can be changed in the boot loader to keep the other modules from interfering.

Tordne
May 25th, 2010, 06:57 AM
There are constant bus silence commands sent during a read and flash operation already. The issue is that these problem devices are not compliant with the protocol specification and wake up, interrupting the transfer (causing a bus reset basically).

I'll try and get accurate details together and create a knowledgebase article on the new support system (http://support.efilive.com/kb.php).

exploder
May 25th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Ok I have had this happen to me several times and what I did to fix it is really simple. What was happening was everytime I bought new credits for a car that was coming in to tune I would do the read entire like normal and save after. I would then go in and make changes to the tune and then go back and hit flash and wait until it would say you are about to lock the license to the car. I would hit ok and it would always seem to go to booloader rejected. What I did to fix it was to read, then close efi completely. Open efi back up and make changes and save then close efi completely again. Then I would go back in and try and license the car and once it was done it never did another bootloader rejected. It seems that closing it in between each step fixed the problem. Don't know why though. It's happend to me at least 5-6 times on different cars. This worked on all of them.

Trippin
May 25th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Andrew,

I understand the silence commands and aftermarket devices. Just to be clear, this problem occurs on stock trucks without any aftermarket devices. :confused:

One more piece to the puzzle. In some cases a read can be performed without pulling fuses, but a write can not. In other cases neither a read or write can be performed without pulling fuses.

exploder
May 25th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Try what I said those are the exact symptoms of what I had happening.

Trippin
May 25th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Try what I said those are the exact symptoms of what I had happening.

Exploder,

Thanks for your suggestion. While it is true that the licensing procedure will mess with the communications link and resetting the V2 and software via disconnect and shutdown solve that particular problem. This is an entirely different issue, that is vehicle specific to 2005 LLY Duramax. The issue we are describing occurs during the inital read and/or write regardless whether or not the above described reset is performed after licensing.

Guy

Blacky
May 25th, 2010, 09:52 AM
The black box read/flash procedures (i.e. standalone reading/flashing) built into FlashScan V2 were developed 100% independently of the V7 pass through reading/flashing. Those BBR/BBF procedures have been designed to avoid the faults and idiosyncrasies we learned about with the V7 procedures.

Has anyone had similar problems with "boot loader rejected" issues when using the latest FlashScan V2 firmware with standalone reading/flashing?

If standalone works and pass-through fails then its fairly safe to assume there really is something wrong with the pass-through method.

Regards
Paul

GMPX
May 25th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Part of the problem for us is lack of access to Duramax vehicles.
Back when we where close to releasing LLY we were lucky enough to get hold of an LLY in New Zealand, Paul spent some time on the vehicle ensuring that the silence commands worked on all modules.
But it would appear it doesn't apply to ALL LLY's, which is most annoying.
I know that GM TIS insists the radio fuse be pulled on the LLY too, even on a stock truck.
I'm going to have a quick look at the TIS reflash procedure for the LLY again today and make sure we got the silence commands right.

Cheers,
Ross

relentless addiction
May 25th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Andrew,

I understand the silence commands and aftermarket devices. Just to be clear, this problem occurs on stock trucks without any aftermarket devices. :confused:

One more piece to the puzzle. In some cases a read can be performed without pulling fuses, but a write can not. In other cases neither a read or write can be performed without pulling fuses.

Yes i have had this problem on lt to sle package trucks as well Mr. Tripp

Part of the problem for us is lack of access to Duramax vehicles.
Back when we where close to releasing LLY we were lucky enough to get hold of an LLY in New Zealand, Paul spent some time on the vehicle ensuring that the silence commands worked on all modules.
But it would appear it doesn't apply to ALL LLY's, which is most annoying.
I know that GM TIS insists the radio fuse be pulled on the LLY too, even on a stock truck.
I'm going to have a quick look at the TIS reflash procedure for the LLY again today and make sure we got the silence commands right.

Cheers,
Ross

Thank you much,

-Ben Hardy

GMPX
May 25th, 2010, 07:26 PM
And the end result was we are doing everything and more when trying to silence the bus on the LLY