PDA

View Full Version : drivers are not going into efi live, why?

badls1
January 30th, 2010, 09:59 AM
hey, i just tried hooking up my efi live and gotta register it. when i try to register it says there is an error and that the cable isnt hooked up. how do i register it? and it still says that i dont have my drivers but i downloaded all 3 drivers. how do i get the drivers into efi-live?
thanks

mr.prick
January 30th, 2010, 10:14 AM
The first time you plug in Flashscan you should get a "new hardware found" prompt.
If not go to: Control Panel> Add Hardware
The are drivers are in C:\Program Files\EFILive if you already installed the software.

badls1
January 30th, 2010, 10:51 AM
im not getting anything when i plug the flashscan in

mr.prick
January 30th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Control Panel> Add Hardware> Run The Wizard

Ira
January 30th, 2010, 07:51 PM
im not getting anything when i plug the flashscan in

When you first plug in the FlashScan you should see a bit of light behind the screen, if you don't see that something is very wrong. If you see that, look in Device Manager and see if you can find EFILive. If you can't, plug and un-plug it and the screen should re-draw with whatever the EFILive show as appearing and disappearing. Usually unknown or under Universal Serial Bus, might have a Yellow icon next to it.

Then Right click and choose Update driver, then navigate to:

"C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista"

And let the drivers install. If that doesn't work send me an PM with a phone number and I'll help you.

Ira

badls1
January 31st, 2010, 07:20 AM
okay, ill work on.
i downloaded the 3 drivers from here and the v7.5. thats all i need right?
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

ScarabEpic22
January 31st, 2010, 09:15 AM
No, use the latest pre-release software located: HERE (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=114252). Download both 7.5.6 and 8.1.2 and install them. Plug your V2 in and it should automatically be recognized. Then update the firmware (and bootblock if you havent updated it since late 2008).

badls1
January 31st, 2010, 09:30 AM
i have the v1. do i use that still

ScarabEpic22
January 31st, 2010, 09:42 AM
Just need the V7.5.6 download then. No need to update anything on the V1, its firmware is static and will never be changed.

badls1
January 31st, 2010, 11:50 AM
its not picking up my flashscan now. everything is plugged in but it wont let me register because it says the flashscan is not plugged in

badls1
January 31st, 2010, 12:23 PM
okay so i found the flashscan in device manager under other devices but when i click on it, its saying that i have no drivers installed

badls1
January 31st, 2010, 12:32 PM
okay nevermind. i got it downloaded now and it works. thanks a lot for your help guys

RevGTO
February 1st, 2010, 06:59 AM
I have the same problem after installing 7.5.5 on my new laptop. So am I to understand that downloading 7.5.6 is the solution? The right drivers are in place in the program files but EFILive is not finding them.

ScarabEpic22
February 1st, 2010, 07:32 AM
I have the same problem after installing 7.5.5 on my new laptop. So am I to understand that downloading 7.5.6 is the solution? The right drivers are in place in the program files but EFILive is not finding them.

Perhaps, it is a good idea to use 7.5.6 as 7.5.5 is at least 6-7 months old now and there have been a bunch of updates and bug fixes.

Have you gone into the Device Manager and manually updated/installed the drivers for FlashScan?

Also, is this mostly occurring with V1s or V2? What OS? The OP was having issues with his V1.

RevGTO
February 1st, 2010, 02:59 PM
It's V1 and OS is 12212156. I tried looking in the Device Manager, but where do I go once I'm in there? I can't find anything listed in there related to Flashscan??

Update: I just found the other thread in the V1 forum and my experience follows his. No unknown device in the USB controller list. I'm going to try a 7.5.6 install and see what happens.

joecar
February 1st, 2010, 03:17 PM
Try 7.5.6 and report back.

Are you running WinXP, Vista, or Win7...?

RevGTO
February 1st, 2010, 04:11 PM
Just installed 7.5.6 and the pop-up message was gone. Had to manually direct the Windows Hardware wizard to find the drivers, but that worked and now Flashscan connects to the cable.

I'm finally able to tune again after my old laptop died. Thanks guys!

Boost
February 28th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I am having trouble too. Just installed Windows 7 Ultimate, the latest 7.5.6 103, registered and I can't install or update firmware because some dxxxl. program is missing?

Tordne
February 28th, 2010, 07:57 AM
To load drivers:
- Connect FlashScan to your laptop.
- Right-click on the ‘My Computer’ icon and select the ‘Manage’ option’.
- In the left hand tree select ‘Device Manager’.
- If the drivers are loaded you should see a device with ‘FlashScan’ in the name under the ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’ section. If not it will be listed as an ‘Unknown Device’.
- If it is shown as ‘Unknown Device’ right-click on the ‘Unknown Device’ and select the ‘Update Driver Software’ option. The drivers are located in the ‘C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K-XP-Vista’ folder, so choose
the ‘Browse my computer’ or advanced options and select this location to search. Don't go another level into the 'i368' or 'amd64' folders.

Boost
March 2nd, 2010, 03:32 AM
Thank you Andrew, fixed !!!