PDA

View Full Version : urgent questions

The New Pro
January 30th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I've spent the last days on looking at the trial version but I couldn't get much information because I don't have the full version with the cables

my questions are

how much should I pay for the whole packge?

If I tune my car by a licene, will this licene be enough for the same car to tune forever?

How much should I pay for tuing one car?

What is the benefit from RoodRunner?

Thanks..

Tordne
January 30th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Pricing:
- FlashScan V1 Scan and Tune: US$549 - licensed for two PCMs
- FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune: US$799 - licensed for two vehicles

Additional benefits of FlashScan V2:
- Continue to be supported in the next software version (V8). This is probably one of the most significant benefits with the version 8 software now under heavy development.
- Support for newer GM PCM/TCM controllers which require the CAN communications protocol. Supports all EFILive currently supported vehicles.
- If you are going to tune reasonable numbers of similar vehicles (i.e. LS1/LS6) you can purchase a Stream license that will enable unlimited tuning of specific controllers.
- Advanced stand alone capability (read/flash/scan/log) - still operates as a pass-thru like FlashScan V1 also. This standalone capability will be available as a free upgrade with future firmware.
- Change to vehicle based licensing. This means a PCM and TCM of a vehicle (such as an LLY Duramax, or an LS2 Corvette) are considered as one vehicle, whereas under FlashScan V1 controller based licensing it is two PCM licenses. If you intend to tune more than perhaps 2-3 vehicles it will be more cost effective to go the FlashScan V2 route purely on the basis of overall costs.

Check the supported vehicles list (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100&Itemid=82) to determine which interface you need.

One a license is allocated to a vehicle it can be tuned ongoing at no additional license cost.

The New Pro
January 31st, 2010, 09:21 AM
So, V2 is better and I can Tune two similer cars with one licene. right?

what about roadrunner? what it's used for?

ScarabEpic22
January 31st, 2010, 09:44 AM
So, V2 is better and I can Tune two similer cars with one licene. right?

what about roadrunner? what it's used for?

No, 1 VIN license lets you license 1 ECM/TCM or 1 PCM. It is locked to the serial number of the controller, so if you swap that controller into another ride you dont have to use a new license. But if your ECM dies you will have to use another license in the same ride.

RoadRunner is a real-time tuning PCM used for the LS1 controller. If you do not have a LS1 car/truck then it doesnt matter.

The New Pro
February 1st, 2010, 04:04 AM
sorry man

I didn't understand this

"" No, 1 VIN license lets you license 1 ECM/PCM and 1 TCM. It is locked to the serial number of the controller, so if you swap that controller into another ride you dont have to use a new license. But if your ECM dies you will have to use another license in the same ride.
""

what do you mean by ECM/PCM and TCM?
What do you mean by ECM dies? how could it die?

mr.prick
February 1st, 2010, 05:10 AM
PCM = Powertrain Control Module
TCM = Transmission Control Module
ECM = PCM

joecar
February 1st, 2010, 06:08 AM
It's called a "vin" license, but really it's a controller license... the license "follows" the controller, not the vehicle.

One controller license let you license one engine controller and one transmission controller...

some vehicles have just a PCM (controls both engine and trans);
other vehicles have an ECM (controls engine) and a TCM (controls trans);

so 1 vin license lets you license either a. or b. below:
a. 1 PCM,
b. 1 ECM and 1 TCM.

ScarabEpic22
February 1st, 2010, 07:35 AM
sorry man

I didn't understand this

"" No, 1 VIN license lets you license 1 ECM/PCM and 1 TCM. It is locked to the serial number of the controller, so if you swap that controller into another ride you dont have to use a new license. But if your ECM dies you will have to use another license in the same ride.
""

what do you mean by ECM/PCM and TCM?
What do you mean by ECM dies? how could it die?

ECMs die sometimes, just the nature of electronics. Bound to be some failures.

I mistakenly typed "and" when I meant "or", Ill fix it now.

PCM = Powertrain Control Module
TCM = Transmission Control Module
ECM = PCM

It's called a "vin" license, but really it's a controller license... the license "follows" the controller, not the vehicle.

One controller license let you license one engine controller and one transmission controller...

some vehicles have just a PCM (controls both engine and trans);
other vehicles have an ECM (controls engine) and a TCM (controls trans);

so 1 vin license lets you license either a. or b. below:
a. 1 PCM,
b. 1 ECM and 1 TCM.

Perfect Joe, couldnt have said it better myself. A vehicle with have EITHER: a PCM (controls engine and trans) or an ECM/TCM combo (ECM=engine, TCM=trans). The VIN licensing scheme lets you tune either a PCM or an ECM/TCM combo.

The New Pro
February 1st, 2010, 02:10 PM
That's way V2 is better aha

thanks guys and sorry for the long discussion