PDA

View Full Version : Any way to dampen the PLX wideband output?

lsx523
February 1st, 2010, 12:39 AM
Any way to reduce the sensitivity? The after decimal units change very quickly (00.XX).

macca_779
February 1st, 2010, 01:55 AM
Thats not really a bad thing mate. I cant think of a simple way to dampen the data input but remember if your building the WB data into a MAP each populated cell is a sum of all the data collected there and averaged when you use the X option. So in a way that should get you what your after anyway.

Steve Bryant
February 1st, 2010, 06:19 AM
I've had a PLX M-300 for about five years and I agree that the AFR readout to two decimal points of accuracy is annoying. In time, you may learn to simply ignore the bouncing digits. If not, consider taping over the last digit as a mask.

On another front, my day job is an aircraft electronics engineer and I can tell you that damping the display via circuitry is more than even I would want to take on considering the cost to benefit ratio. You don't want to damp the analog signal any more than using the tiny capacitor that PLX provides or your logged data will be sluggish and inaccurate. PLX and others would have done better to make the user's display something like a linear, color-coded bar graph like they have done on their round accessory gages.

Hope that this helps.

Steve

mr.prick
February 1st, 2010, 06:49 AM
Is this just for the display on the data tab, map, gauge/chart?
Are you using V1 or V2?

Steve Bryant
February 1st, 2010, 06:58 AM
I think that he's talking about the display itself and it has nothing to do with V1 or V2.

Steve