PDA

View Full Version : transfering tunes

badls1
February 1st, 2010, 04:10 AM
hey guys, i have a tune from an 04 gto that i wanna use on my 2001 ls1. how do i use the tables from the gto file and put them on mine?
thanks

ScarabEpic22
February 1st, 2010, 07:38 AM
Is the GTO using an E40 ECM or still using the LS1 PCM? This isnt a CAX related question, you can copy each table and paste it into your 01 if you want. If the units are different then you'll have to use Excel and set up tables to interpolate/translate the data between the different display units.

Unless the engine mods are almost identical, I would use the GTO tune as a guide but not use it straight up. Log the heck out of it if you do.

Do you have a wideband? Probably better off getting one and AutoVE'ing your 01 with your mods and then working on spark...

Chevy366
February 1st, 2010, 08:14 AM
Script ? Read this , even if it doesn't work still good to know : http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=10173&highlight=script

mr.prick
February 1st, 2010, 08:35 AM
Open the GTO.tun you want to copy>
Choose the tables you want to copy over and zero them out or change them from zero>
Save As>
Open the new "zeroed" .tun then compare it to the original GTO.tun
Create script>
Save Script>
Run the script against the Z28.tun

badls1
February 1st, 2010, 10:47 AM
okay thanks guys. i got the files switched. yeah i gotta log it now and check it out

badls1
February 6th, 2010, 01:54 PM
okay so that first tune wasnt to good so i got another one. thing is, on the new tune, he has changes to "efi live custom calibrations" and on mine i cant make changes to that section. how do i unlock? this series of calibrations?
thanks

badls1
February 6th, 2010, 02:29 PM
is there any way i can use a tune from a different operating system with my car? its an 04 gto to a 01 camaro