PDA

View Full Version : 98 pcm SD tune ???

Slowrc
February 1st, 2010, 11:15 PM
Does anyone use a 98 computer and run a sd tune? I know it would be great to upgrade to a 99 up pcm. I am broke and very busy though. My Maf died so now I am looking for options. I know the 98 PCM is not great, but would it work good enough for me to learn on? Fair to mention I'd am considering a small dry shot to give me a few needed tenths.

Yes, Doc I know I should upgrade. :doh2:

Doc
February 2nd, 2010, 01:20 AM
How are you going to run a small dry shot without a MAF? You can run SD with the 98 pcm. You will have to work with the lower resolution of the backup VE table and work with the low octane spark table but it will work nonetheless.

1) New pcm $50
2) Your time to swap the wires
3) You already have EFI Live read the forum about the fuel segment swap and you are done.

Obtw, do you have a V1 or V2?

Slowrc
February 2nd, 2010, 01:31 AM
I have the V2 and a lm1 reading serial. I am just now knocking the dust off my efilive . Have not touched it since Feb. 09. I still have never done auto ve yet. My old laptop crashed a few times. frustration set in and I put it on a shelf, literally. I was thinking , since my maf is tits up, I could sd tune it for a while. its running high 10's to 1 under pe now so I thought a 35 or 50 shot would be doable with some TR6's. I know I should just swap pcms. I am more scared of the tuning than the swap of wires. I am a wrench turner by trade, not much of a computer guy.

Side note. glad to hear your doing so well, nice shop!